One of the most beautiful looking and polished Minecraft resource packs you can try is the Okami texture pack. This pack brings artistry and beauty to Minecraft’s simple graphics. The new graphics have a very consistent style, with each image and texture fitting together with the others. The Okami resource pack is best for fans of the PlayStation 2 game Okami. Okami is known for its distinctive cel-shaded graphics, unique combat system, and Zelda inspired gameplay. Although well over a decade old, Okami still has its fans. The Okami resource pack brings the graphic style of Okami to the Minecraft world. Many well known Minecraft designers have worked on Okami textures over the years. Postherman and Cadihu formerly worked on the resource pack, with Vanima working on it today. It has improved a lot since its initial release, and it continues to get better today.
A Minecraft player with an older computer might worry that the Okami resource pack is too high resolution to run smoothly on their computer. While the x128 resolution version of the pack might slow down an older PC, maybe in future it will be available in many different resolutions. Since Okami and Minecraft have such different graphic styles, it is quite an achievement to combine the two. The resource pack does an excellent job of bringing the visuals of Okami’s trees and sky to Minecraft. The colors are just right, and everything in the resource pack is done with artistry. While the pack is quite cool looking in its current state, it is only about 95% finished. There are still more textures to add and more improvements to complete before there is no more work to do. Anyone who is a fan of the game Okami or who likes cel-shaded graphics should give the Okami resource pack a try. It makes the Minecraft world look beautiful.
Okami — Screenshots
How to install Okami Resource PackNOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be installed, so be sure to install it.
- Download the resource pack from the links below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch Minecraft.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before proceeding with download, please pay attention to:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Do not forget to leave a comment. This will help the authors to improve their project.