One of the best resource packs that one can find for the newer versions of Minecraft is ModernArch Realism. Sometimes, one can be unimpressed after downloading one of the countless free resource packs. ModernArch resource pack, on the other hand, is not likely to disappoint you. What sets ModernArch apart from most other texture packs is that it uses real images to replace cartoonish and blocky minecraft textures. Actual photographs of stone, wood, and brick are used to give the game a photorealistic look. Designed by popular minecraft content creator PackMinecraft, the new resource pack was built with realism instead of improved cartoonish graphics in mind. While this is not the first realism-focused Minecraft resource pack to be released, it is widely considered to be better than many other alternatives. A lot of resource packs make the graphics excessively colorful, the ModernArch pack, on the other hand, uses more subdued colors.
The new textures give the buildings plenty of depth and look better than either the minimalist default graphics or the graphics of other new resource packs. What is also noticeable is the quality of the lighting effects. The lighting effects firmly stand out and are enough to recommend ModernArch over the alternatives. Certainly, the graphics look best if the textures are used in their full 512×512 resolution. However, it is also possible to use the resource pack with a resolution as low as 128×128 to make the graphics usable on lower-end computers. As is the case for other high-end resource packs, one can run into frame rate issues if the full resolution is used without sufficiently powerful hardware. For the new graphics to work as well as possible, one has to use shaders. The creator recommends that you download the SEUS shader that works well with the ModernArch. The pack at the current point in time is free for 128x and 256x versions, 512x and 1024x resolutions are supported by donations.
ModernArch R should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13
ModernArch R — Video & Screenshots
How to install ModernArch R Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the ModernArch R texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
- PBR texture maps will only work with shaders installed. Don’t forget to set the resource pack resolution in the shader settings to 1024×1024 to avoid problems.
- Screenshots and videos were taken with ModernArch 1024x and SEUS PTGI E12.
- The pack is still under development and may contain many default/vanilla textures.
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update the links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on our site.
- By leaving comments below and voting you help the authors improve their project.