Unleash your festive spirit with the Halloween-themed Packtober Remastered resource pack. This unique release adds a very genuine feel to the game that might tempt you to use it even outside of the holiday season. The developer, Evan Howell, remastered his old Packtober texture pack by remodeling the textures and adding lots of new features that make it one of a kind. It even goes a step beyond most of the other regular packs with the modification of a couple of GUI elements. The first, most prominent change that is noticeable immediately upon loading the game is tied to the environment itself, not blocks. Almost all grass blocks you see are going to be covered in brownish/yellow leaves, emanating that gloomy atmosphere of the fall season. The trees themselves feature a corresponding color palette that mostly relies on yellowish hues, which look beautiful when combined with Minecraft’s sun rays. If you stumble upon a village, you’ll see that its residents have new outfits and their models have been changed to represent skeletons. Bones are now a main part of the game, representing sticks and even wolves that have a transparent, skeletal appearance. Major block changes are related to chests and ores. Chest-opening animations now feature various scares, from a creeper that comes out of it to a teeth-baring representation that tries to jump up and bite you. The gold ore texture is modified to display a creepy face with yellow features and a big grin. This look is also inherited by gold helmets that have face cutouts. Another block that has a similar style is a carved pumpkin, which when placed on the player’s head, shows a grin instead of a regular expression. Scary pumpkins are a recurring theme in the pack since the GUI loading screen now pops out at you with a scary-looking Jack o’ Lantern. The most surprising remodels are going to be the ones that change two of the strongest mobs in the game – Ender Dragon and Wither. The Wither takes the shape of a scarecrow, with body parts made out of hay bales and tattered clothes over them.
Instead of spawning regular projectiles that present Wither skulls, it now invokes crows that attack the player and explode upon impact. They have very cool black feathers and red eyes, as well as black particles that follow them during their flight. As far as Ender Dragon goes, it now takes the appearance of a well-known Minecraft urban myth – Herobrine. The model itself is amazing, with Herobrine having the original Steve skin, as well as purplish glowing eyes while holding a scythe in his right hand. He is riding a wooden chariot that is being dragged by two skeletal horses. Needless to say, the final fight is going to be a completely different experience. In addition, the End itself has been modified. End stone has a black and red texture, the trees all look naked, and the void has been replaced by an orange environment that resembles the inside of a pumpkin. Other mobs that have undergone a transformation are skeletons, endermen, ghasts, and piglins. Bows are a thing of the past – skeletons now carry trumpets that shoot tiny projectiles. Endermen all have Jack o’ Lanterns on their heads and feature a lizard-like body. This makes the End much scarier and gives it an unwelcoming atmosphere. Ghasts look like giant, bloody eyeballs. They’re accompanied by ghostly, zombified piglins that carry golden scythes in their hands. Fortunately, you now have a new weapon to fight all these mobs with, since swords have been changed to look like scythes with colors varying based on the tier. Most of the packs that introduce a lot of novelty features and attractive models have one major downside – they require a high-end PC. Fortunately, that’s not the case with Packtober. It retains Minecraft’s vanilla textures resolution which is 16×16. However, the environmental changes such as leaves on the grass blocks make the game much more beautiful than usual. The developer recommends Optifine use alongside the Packtober resource pack in order to avoid possible texture glitches. Even though this is supposed to be a seasonal pack, it’s a high-quality addition to the game that you might find yourself using all the time.
Packtober Remastered should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.19.4 - 1.19.3 - 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16
Packtober Remastered — Video & Screenshots
How to install Packtober Remastered Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Packtober Remastered texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Packtober Remastered Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;