Any player of the popular game Minecraft would have to admit that the standard lighting effects leave a lot to be desired when it comes to realism. While realistic graphics are not a part of the world design in the game, the smooth lighting and graphic effects, even when set to their highest level, aren’t exactly the best they could be. The graphics could use just a touch of realism to add to the game’s atmosphere, and its overall aesthetic appeal. When it comes to embellishing the graphics of the game, shaders are the way to go. Especially the BSL Shaders. This shader pack stands out for its unique features as a pack designed specifically for Minecraft: Java Edition. Its features include real-time shadows, volumetric light, ambient occlusion, customizable clouds and water, bloom, etc., in order to add a sense of realism to the environment of the game.
There are also additional effects available, like motion blur, world curvature, depth of field, specular and normal mapping, and celshading, just to name a few examples. There are no perceivable glitches or bugs throughout the shader pack. The colors come with a boost and saturation alteration, which adds to the atmosphere, particularly for the Nether; the bright, eye-catching colors mixed with the shadows create a very visually pleasing experience. That being said, the BSL Shaders requires a lot of additional resources to your PC and it is not designed for low-spec PC’s. But, as this pack is, quite possibly, the best way to embellish the graphics of your game, it’s well worth any additional installations. To ensure you get the highest quality visuals, BSL Shaders requires Optifine. If you do not already have this mod installed, you will need to do so in order to get the very best experience from this shader pack.
BSL Shaders should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.19.3 - 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14
BSL Shaders — Screenshots
How to install BSL Shaders:
- Download and install Minecraft;
- Setup your game profile for the version you want to run;
- Download and install Optifine; – optifine will create its own profile
- Open Minecraft launcher and select the newly created optifine profile;
- Download the BSL shaderpack from the links below;
- Launch Minecraft;
- Open Options > Video Settings > Shaders > Shaderpack folder;
- Put the BSL shaderpack (zipped file) inside .minecraft\shaderpacks;
- Select the BSL Shaders in the shader list in-game;
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.