There are only so many resource packs focused on Minecraft textures that can achieve. Swapping blocky and pixelated textures with higher resolution ones can improve the game in many ways but lighting and shaders are often overlooked. Most players fail to understand the importance of shaders when it comes to video games. Minecraft is no exception. If you want to get improved visuals, you need to get a proper shader resource pack. Each shader pack aims to achieve a certain visual style. You can have shader packs that focus on cartoonish visuals, packs that have more of a darker tone or you can have shader packs that simply aim to increase the level of realism of textures and lighting in the game. MakeUp Ultra Fast shader pack is one of the many such packs that can be used with Minecraft. First published in late 2020, the MakeUp Ultra Fast shaders can be traced down to XavierFST as the original author and developer. He continues to provide support for the shader pack in the form of updates that solve various bugs and compatibility issues. Looking back at the origins of the shader pack, according to XavierFST, his source of inspiration for the visuals that MakeUp Ultra Fast is his passion for makeup. The title of the resource pack is very accurate in describing the overall visual improvements that it brings to the game. He also attempted to build a shader pack that allows the players to control how their game looks. This has been achieved by adding a choice as to which feature you can leave on or turn off. While the source of inspiration for the MakeUp Ultra Fast shader pack is the world of makeup, it is the kind of shaders that everyone can enjoy. It introduces effects and features that simply make Minecraft look better. The MakeUp Ultra Fast shade pack introduces the following features and improvements to the game visuals: Shadows, Depth of field, Temporary anti-aliasing, Improved ambient occlusion, Chromatic aberration, Motion blur, Volumetric clouds, Volumetric light, Reflexes, Waving plants.
All the above-named features can be turned on or off by the player using the added shader menu. Each effect contributes to the overall visuals in Minecraft to a certain degree. At the same time, they can impact game performance. For this reason, XavierFST allows players to choose which ones to turn off. According to one of his updates, the biggest impact on game performance can be attributed to Bloom, Depth of field, and Shadows. They can negatively impact your FPS if you are running the shader pack on an older system. Modern machines with powerful nVidia cards should be able to handle all the features without a noticeable framerate loss. Most of the features found in MakeUp Ultra Fast are noticeable immediately. Depth of field adds a blur to objects that are far away in the background when you are close to a different object. The bloom effect adds a pleasant glow to lighting objects. The Motion blur also makes fast movement seem faster although it may not be ideal for PvP players. The Volumetric Clouds feature replaces the classic blocky clouds in Minecraft with smoother clouds that look like clouds. Lastly, the shader pack also comes with four color schemes. While they may not alter the colors of textures, with the aid of lighting effects and shader effects, it makes textures look a bit different. It can add a lighter or darker tone or it can make colors in the game more vibrant. To install the MakeUp Ultra Fast shader pack, Optifine is required. As makes use of special features, the shader pack cannot be installed manually. As recommended by XavierFST, the shader pack should be installed using the default shader options in Optifine. Customizations should only be done using the options in the shader pack that is offered in the game. Also, the shader pack may not work perfectly with all resource packs. While the developer is still working to fix bugs and add improvements, some may still be present and could break game visuals in certain situations. Feedback can be sent to the developer to report any issues with certain resource packs or mods to be addressed in future updates. Installed on vanilla Minecraft, MakeUp Ultra Fast should work just fine without any issues.
MakeUp - Ultra Fast should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.19.3 - 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16
MakeUp - Ultra Fast — Screenshots
How to install MakeUp Ultra Fast Shaders:
- Download and install Minecraft.
- Open Minecraft launcher and setup your game profile for the Minecraft version you want to run. – in the top menu, select the “Installations” tab, click “New installation”, under the “Version” dropdown, select your preferred Minecraft version and click “Create”.
- Download and install Optifine or Iris. – we recommend Iris, it’s a bit more optimized;
- Open Minecraft launcher and select the newly created Optifine or Iris profile. – if in step 3 you chose to install optifine it will have an optifine profile, if iris it will have an iris profile;
- Download the MakeUp – Ultra Fast shader pack from the download section below.
- Launch Minecraft.
- For Optifine: Go to
Options > Video Settings > Shadersand click “Shaders Folder” to open shaderpacks folder.
For Iris: Go to
Options > Video Settings > Shader packsand click “Open Shader Pack Folder” to open shaderpacks folder.
- Put the MakeUp Ultra Fast shader pack (.zip file) downloaded in step 5 into the .minecraft\shaderpacks folder you opened in step 7.
- In the game, select MakeUp – Ultra Fast Shaders from the list and click “Done”.
MakeUp - Ultra Fast - Comparison Day
MakeUp - Ultra Fast - Comparison Night
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
[1.19.x – 1.16.x] Download MakeUp – Ultra Fast Shader Pack – new version, only works on Iris version 1.5.1 or higher;
[1.19.x – 1.16.x] Download MakeUp – Ultra Fast Shader Pack – older version;