Minecraft is a very popular game but it has its flaws. While there is a lot to love about Minecraft, we see that hundreds if not thousands of resource packs were developed to tweak the game, improve visuals or add new blocks. Very few resource packs address gameplay problems. There are certain aspects of the game that many players simply dislike. One such problem is the grinding part of Minecraft. To have some progression while playing Minecraft, you will need to mine a lot of ores and diamonds. Not only that these are scarce but they are also difficult to find. Some things in the game you can only do if you have considerable quantities of the rarest diamonds in your inventory. This means that you can end up mining for tens of hours if not hundreds to reach your progression goals. Several packs offer various solutions to this progression mechanic and Better X-Ray resource pack is one of them. The better X-Ray texture pack has been published in 2021 by AlleCraft. The developer wants to make an improved version of popular resource packs that allow you to see only ores and diamond blocks. Because of his smart implementation and because he made his resource pack compatible with both newer and older versions of Minecraft, Better X-Ray gained popularity very fast. With hundreds of thousands of downloads in less than a year, the developer keeps publishing updates, continuously improving it. The way Better X-Ray works is rather simple. Without changing game mechanics, injecting code, or working as software or mod, Better X-Ray works like a regular resource pack. Some servers may not allow you to use a resource pack such as Better X-Ray. While it is not cheating in the true sense of the word, it can offer you an unfair advantage over players that do not use it. Understanding how Better X-Ray functions are anything but complicated.
What it does is just removes textures off blocks and leave untouched only the textures on valuable blocks such as ore and diamonds. This does not mean that all other blocks become completely invisible. This would make the game unplayable because it would make you completely blind to the terrain around you. You could fall into lava without even knowing it. What the resource pack does is create an outline around regular blocks. For example, a block that has a grass texture on it will appear like a transparent block with a green outline around its edges. As an additional note, Better X-Ray works in other dimensions including the Nether. This is an important aspect to note as you need to go into the Nether to find ancient debris. With the resource pack installed, you will find ancient debris easier than ever. Because of how the Better X-Ray resource pack works, it does not add anything to the game. It does not change textures or texture resolution and it does not add new blocks. This means that the resource pack itself is very compact. At the same time, because most textures are made invisible, it means that your video card has to work less. The direct effect is a slight framerate increase. On vanilla Minecraft, the framerate should not be a problem. Because you should see no impact on in-game performance using the Better X-Ray resource pack it does not mean that it is a good resource pack for PvP players. Not seeing blocks is a great disadvantage. However, it can make enemies easier to spot even when they are hiding. The only downside to Better X-Ray is that it cannot be toggled on or off while playing the game. Once you install the Better X-Ray resource pack, the effect stays on. The only way to see blocks again is to just uninstall or disable the resource pack before getting into a world. Installing the Better X-Ray resource pack is very simple. You need to use Optifine to install it. Also, keep in mind that there are several editions of the Better X-Ray resource pack. You can have the lite and standard versions. The Standard is 4 times lighter than the regular X-Ray Ultimate and the Lite version is 8 times lighter.
Better X-Ray should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13
Better X-Ray — Screenshots
How to install Better X-Ray Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Better X-Ray texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
- Standard Better X-ray is 4 times lighter of normal X-Ray Ultimate;
- Lite Better X-ray is 8 times lighter of normal X-Ray Ultimate;
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.