Complementary Shaders is the perfect shader pack to improve Minecraft’s graphics and performance. If you ever played Minecraft for more than five minutes, you know the game is incredibly fun – but a little bit lackluster in the graphics department. Fortunately for all Minecraft lovers out there, this shader pack is here to change that. That’s not to say you should expect a complete, 3D graphics overhaul. When you’re playing Minecraft, you’re not exactly in it because of realistic textures. That’s not what Complementary Shaders is here to change. Instead, this shaders improves a little bit of everything, while still maintaining its essence. Complementary Shaders is an off-shoot of another popular shader pack called BSL Shader. If you liked that pack, you’re going to love this one. This shaders takes the best out of BSL Shader and improves the rest. You can install it if you want to experience better graphics, gameplay, compatibility, and more.
It’ll help you improve an already-great game like Minecraft is. Although it improves a little bit of everything, it will not ruin your performance. This shader pack is specially designed to keep everything running smoothly. Simply put, it just works. Not only that, but it’ll also fix compatibility issues that you might have with other shader packs. This Complementary Shaders pack always has the player in mind. With Complementary Shaders, you’ll realize Minecraft will run rather fast and better than with most other shader packs. No matter what GPU or drivers you have, this shader pack will make your game smoother compared to other shaders. Keep in mind this is a one-of-a-kind shaderpack. You can’t install it like the other ones. Make sure you pay attention to the installation guide before you do anything. Check and double-check it. Then, enjoy everything that Complementary Shaders has in store for you!
Complementary Shaders should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.19.3 - 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15
Complementary Shaders — Video & Screenshots
How to install Complementary Shaders:
- Download and install Minecraft.
- Open Minecraft launcher and setup your game profile for the Minecraft version you want to run. – in the top menu, select the “Installations” tab, click “New installation”, under the “Version” dropdown, select your preferred Minecraft version and click “Create”.
- Download and install Optifine or Iris. – we recommend Iris, it’s a bit more optimized;
- Open Minecraft launcher and select the newly created Optifine or Iris profile. – if in step 3 you chose to install optifine it will have an optifine profile, if iris it will have an iris profile;
- Download the Complementary shader pack from the download section below.
- Launch Minecraft.
- For Optifine: Go to
Options > Video Settings > Shadersand click “Shaders Folder” to open shaderpacks folder.
For Iris: Go to
Options > Video Settings > Shader packsand click “Open Shader Pack Folder” to open shaderpacks folder.
- Put the Complementary shader pack (.zip file) downloaded in step 5 into the .minecraft\shaderpacks folder you opened in step 7.
- In the game, select Complementary Shaders from the list and click “Done”.
Complementary Shaders - Comparison day
Complementary Shaders - Comparison night
Complementary Shaders - Comparison day
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.