Is Minecraft already starting to feel plain for you? That’s surprising since the games have a lot in store for players. Nevertheless, what you feel is understandable. Simple animations will make you feel bored eventually. And this is something that Minecraft obviously has. Well, what do you know? That’s not the case anymore. The Fresh Animations resource pack is here to rekindle your love for Minecraft once again! Fresh Animations is phenomenal. It makes Minecraft like a whole new game. But why? Keep reading and allow us to share what we know about it. The Fresh Animations texture pack is an update for Minecraft from FreshLX. The purpose of making this falls nothing short of being simple – improving the animations for the mobs. Before this resource pack, the movements of mobs look very jerky and are limited to predictable forward, sideward, and backward movements. With the Fresh Animations pack downloaded and installed, Minecraft becomes a whole new game. Mobs have smarter behaviors since they can now turn around, run or walk without looking jerky, jump, and execute other complex movements. Fresh Animations is still in the beta phase so expect that there’s a lot more coming. At present, it has three available versions. Version 1.0 provides new animations to villager, iron golem, witch, vindicator, evoker, pillager, and ravager mobs. The creeper, zombie, husk, zombie villager, skeleton, wither skeleton, and illusion enjoy new animations with Version 1.1. Download version 1.2 to get new animations for pig, wandering trader, phantom, and blaze.
Minecraft dungeons and Minecraft trailers were the inspiration for the current and future animations, as per the words of the creator. That’s why you might want to watch these again if you want to get an idea of the exciting features cooking up. So, which is better? Vanilla Minecraft or Fresh Animations? Vanilla Minecraft doesn’t stand a chance against Fresh Animations if we talk about animation. As said earlier, Fresh Animations makes the mobs move smarter. This is something that the predictable and jerky animations of Vanilla Minecraft can’t contest. But in terms of texture and graphics, nothing’s really the same. With that being said, don’t expect this resource pack to make Minecraft compare to highly defined computer games. Fresh Animations doesn’t alter the core gameplay. That being said, don’t expect new mechanics from it. No need to worry because it only makes Minecraft feel like a whole new game without altering the features that make it unique from other games. The Fresh Animations Resource pack isn’t demanding on the computer system. With that said, you don’t have to upgrade your gaming PC to enjoy it. However, you will need to install the Optifine game utility for Minecraft. Fresh Animations Resource Pack works with Optifine’s Custom Entities and Random Entity. To save yourself from the hassle of downloading twice, opt to download Optifine-HDU-G8 because older versions might not work with Fresh Animations version 1.2.
Fresh Animations should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.20.2 - 1.20.1 - 1.20 - 1.19.4 - 1.19.3 - 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15
Fresh Animations — Screenshots
How to install Fresh Animations Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Fresh Animations texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
- Optifine is required! This pack will only work with Optifine and won’t without it!
- Please note that if you have other packs with Optifine CEM features, they will override Fresh Animations CEM, removing the animation.
- Player models cannot be animated yet, as they are not currently supported by Optifine.
- Video Settings > Quality > Custom Entity Models: ON
- Video Settings > Quality > Random Entities: ON (optional)
- Video Settings > Quality > Emissive Textures: ON (optional)
- Iron Golem
- Zombie Villager
- Wither Skeleton
- Wandering Trader
- Squid (removed in 1.3.1)
- Elder Guardian
- Cave Spider
- Trader Llama
- Skeleton Horse
- Zombie Horse
Important about add-ons:
- The Fresh Animations add-on is not required, but if you want additional features, you can install it on top/above the main pack;
- The Fresh Animations add-on is designed to work with vanilla/default Minecraft textures and will most likely not be compatible with resource packs.
- The Fresh Animations add-on provides the following features: animated blinking textures, some important fixes for a few mobs, extra details for some mobs, and some additional texture variants for a few mobs.
Fresh Animations Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
[16x] [1.20.x] Download Fresh Animations Resource Pack – for OptiFine HD U I3 or newer;
[16x] [1.19.x] Download Fresh Animations Resource Pack – for OptiFine HD U I3 or newer;
[16x] [1.18.x] Download Fresh Animations Resource Pack – for OptiFine HD U H9 and newer;
Add-ons (Java Edition):
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;