Easy Blocks resource pack remains faithful to the original cartoonish look of Minecraft and without any grandiose ambitions, it managed to bring a fresh new look to the game. Not everyone is into high-resolution resource packs. For many players, the 16x resolution of textures in vanilla Minecraft is good enough and it is this specific detail that gives Minecraft its identity. Sometimes, less is more and this is exactly what Easy Blocks manages to achieve. By using the same texture resolution but changing the textures themselves for clearer visuals, Easy Blocks is a great choice for all players that still love vanilla Minecraft but want to try a resource pack that improves visuals without adding more details. Easy Blocks is a more recent resource pack. Despite being a fairly new pack, it has managed to surpass 10,000 downloads, which is an impressive achievement for such a new resource pack. Many textures were changed in the Easy Blocks resource pack. Textures had some details removed and now have more solid colors and fewer details. At the same time, there is less noise. Each texture is much crisper and pixels are much better separated. The result is blockier and more cartoonish visuals while everything being crisper and easier on the eyes. Textures for all types of blocks were changed including diamonds, cobblestone, granite, stone, dirt, different types of ores, lapis, etc.
There are also new paintings, new textures for ladders, plants, new textures for items such as tables, fences, beds, furniture, crafting table, and many more. What the resource pack does not touch upon is connecting textures. There is also no work done on particle effects or animations. The main focus was on texture work, colors, and lighting. The combined effect of all these changes makes different types of blocks and items much more segregated. Exploration and building are much more enjoyable with Easy Blocks. Even if almost all the textures in the game were improved, each update brings improvements and redesigns to both new and old textures. Another aspect that was fiddled with is icons. Most icons in the game were tweaked to make them easier to tell apart. This segregation of icons is a notable improvement for PvP players. Icons in the HUD and inventory are much easier to manage and play with. As the resource pack is in 16x resolution and does not make use of advanced features, Easy Blocks does not affect framerates. Players that can enjoy vanilla Minecraft will be able to play with Easy Blocks without any issue. Since it does not affect performance and it improves visuals, making objects easier to distinguish, it is also a great resource pack for PvP. The Easy Blocks resource pack does not require any kind of shader pack.Using it with a shader can improve your gameplay in terms of visuals, but it will decrease game performance.
Easy Blocks should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - Bedrock Edition - PE
Easy Blocks — Screenshots
How to install Easy Blocks Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Easy Blocks texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.