While most resource packs attempt to increase texture resolutions to deliver better visuals, the Retro Pompeii resource pack uses a different approach. It reduces the texture resolution to 8×8 from the default 16×16. Surprisingly, it does not make the game more blocky than vanilla Minecraft even if the level of details on each texture has been reduced. Using a clever use of colors and redesigned textures, the resource pack offers a new experience for purists that are looking for a resource pack that took inspiration from the ancient city of Pompei. To make it possible to build worlds and structures that resemble the architecture of the old Roman Empire cities, many textures were changed. Retro Pompeii texture pack does not just downscale the resolution of textures. Some of them were remade.
Blocks that used to have just one solid color as texture now have more details. There are new colors for existing blocks and new blocks. This can be seen in the sheer number of rock and brick blocks that can be used to build structures. The textures that were not altered too much had their colors tweaked, offering a wider palette of colors to help build more vibrant structures and worlds. There is a new texture for grass, trees, leaves, flowers, water, decorative elements, and many more. Retro Pompei also adds a few new items in the game such as paper, potato, poisonous potato, primaries crystals, pumpkin pie, cooked and raw pork chops, and many more. Because it is an 8x resolution texture pack, Retro Pompei also makes Minecraft less resource demanding. The game will run very smoothly with the resource pack installed. Having stable and high framerates also makes the resource pack PVP friendly.
Retro Pompeii should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
Retro Pompeii — Screenshots
How to install Retro Pompeii Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Retro Pompeii texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.