There are very few projects that get you excited. The URBAN resource pack appears to be one of the few that manages to stir the interest of even the most veteran Minecraft players. This is because it is not just a texture resolution upscale. It is also not just a recoloring of existing textures. It is the kind of project that takes hours of sleepless nights to come to fruition. Developed by artist Aryan Nikose, the URBAN texture pack set itself on the ambitious path of completely changing how Minecraft looks, feels, and plays. It manages to make the game breathtaking. A true eye candy that a player can just sit and admire. Pushing the capabilities of the game, the artist had to resort to path-traced shaders. For this purpose, the developer chose to use BSL, a commonly available shader pack for Minecraft. It pushed BSL to its limits to accomplish something that no longer looks like a blocky game. The URBAN resource pack brings a certain degree of photorealism that is unprecedented in Minecraft. Objects and items look stunningly real, albeit with more corners and sharp edges but completely different than what they look like in vanilla Minecraft. The work done by the developer using BSL shader’s features would not suffice to make Minecraft so visually beautiful. It had to be supported by improved textures. For this reason, Aryan Nikose had to develop it using higher resolution textures. The lowest resolution available is 128x which is in itself resource demanding.
There is also a 512x and a 1024x version which is even more demanding and requires a considerably powerful computer to run properly. However, the 128x version a little bit pales in comparison to the 1024x one. There is such a level of detail that pixels on textures are no longer observable. Every single texture on any object in the game is smooth and photorealistic. Such a level of realism was achieved by reworking and designing completely new textures. It is not enough to upscale existing resolutions. Many textures were created manually to ensure that they perfectly represent the vision of Aryan Nikose for the game. He added many new textures in the game such as new types of stone, wood, tools crates, sand and more. There are also new models for certain objects that have more polygons to make them more realistic. Things such as small rocks, leaves, grass, all have more polygons to make them appear considerably closer to reality. While there may not be much information available about the URBAN resource pack, the developer uses his official channels to communicate updates. He shares the progress of his work over Instagram and has a dedicated Patreon page for the URBAN resource pack. The 128x version of his resource pack is available for free. Higher resolution ones are available for author’s Patreon subscribers that is meant to support the creator continue his work on the resource pack. It is also on Patreon where the developer posts future updates and the latest version first.
URBAN should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14
URBAN — Video & Screenshots
How to install URBAN Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the URBAN texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.
[128x] [1.17.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – absolutely free, optifine required
[128x] [1.16.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – absolutely free, optifine required
[128x] [1.15.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – absolutely free, optifine required
[128x] [1.14.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – absolutely free, optifine required
[512x] [1.17.x – 1.14.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – for Patrons, optifine required
[1024x] [1.17.x – 1.14.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – for Patrons, optifine required