There are very few projects that get you excited. The URBAN resource pack appears to be one of the few that manages to stir the interest of even the most veteran Minecraft players. This is because it is not just a texture resolution upscale. It is also not just a recoloring of existing textures. It is the kind of project that takes hours of sleepless nights to come to fruition. Developed by artist Aryan Nikose, the URBAN texture pack set itself on the ambitious path of completely changing how Minecraft looks, feels, and plays. It manages to make the game breathtaking. A true eye candy that a player can just sit and admire. Pushing the capabilities of the game, the artist had to resort to path-traced shaders. For this purpose, the developer chose to use BSL, a commonly available shader pack for Minecraft. It pushed BSL to its limits to accomplish something that no longer looks like a blocky game. The URBAN resource pack brings a certain degree of photorealism that is unprecedented in Minecraft. Objects and items look stunningly real, albeit with more corners and sharp edges but completely different than what they look like in vanilla Minecraft. The work done by the developer using BSL shader’s features would not suffice to make Minecraft so visually beautiful. It had to be supported by improved textures. For this reason, Aryan Nikose had to develop it using higher resolution textures. The lowest resolution available is 128x which is in itself resource demanding.
There is also a 512x and a 1024x version which is even more demanding and requires a considerably powerful computer to run properly. However, the 128x version a little bit pales in comparison to the 1024x one. There is such a level of detail that pixels on textures are no longer observable. Every single texture on any object in the game is smooth and photorealistic. Such a level of realism was achieved by reworking and designing completely new textures. It is not enough to upscale existing resolutions. Many textures were created manually to ensure that they perfectly represent the vision of Aryan Nikose for the game. He added many new textures in the game such as new types of stone, wood, tools crates, sand and more. There are also new models for certain objects that have more polygons to make them more realistic. Things such as small rocks, leaves, grass, all have more polygons to make them appear considerably closer to reality. While there may not be much information available about the URBAN resource pack, the developer uses his official channels to communicate updates. He shares the progress of his work over Instagram and has a dedicated Patreon page for the URBAN resource pack. The 128x version of his resource pack is available for free. Higher resolution ones are available for author’s Patreon subscribers that is meant to support the creator continue his work on the resource pack. It is also on Patreon where the developer posts future updates and the latest version first.
URBAN should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.20.4 - 1.20.3 - 1.20.2 - 1.20.1 - 1.20 - 1.19.4 - 1.19.3 - 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17
URBAN — Video & Screenshots
How to install URBAN Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the URBAN texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
URBAN - Comparison Slider #1 with BSL Shaders
Comparison slider #1 for those who want to compare vanilla Minecraft without any texture packs installed (on the left) with Minecraft using this particular texture pack (on the right).
URBAN Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
[128x] [1.20.2+] Download URBAN Resource Pack – absolutely free;
[128x] [1.20 – 1.20.1] Download URBAN Resource Pack – absolutely free;
[128x] [1.19.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – absolutely free;
[128x] [1.18.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – absolutely free;
[128x] [1.17.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – absolutely free;
[256x] [1.20.x – 1.17.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – for Patrons only;
[512x] [1.20.x – 1.17.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – for Patrons only;
[1024x] [1.20.x – 1.17.x] Download URBAN Resource Pack – for Patrons only;
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;