Very few resource packs manage to achieve what the Patrix resource pack achieves. The pack completely changes the visuals within vanilla Minecraft, making it an almost unrecognizable game with stunning graphics. The photorealism of the textures and the added details to the 3D models in the game bring Minecraft closer to modern-day games. It is a refreshing look that should be welcomed by all Minecraft players who are looking for a brand new experience, superior in every way. Certainly, there are similar resource packs that boast photo-realistic textures. Patrix takes one step further as it is not just a fresh coat of paint but an almost triple A game. What sets Patrix apart is the level of detail of every single block and texture in the game. All aspects of Minecraft were redone to deliver a cohesive and consistent experience. Out from the get-go, it is easy to notice that the 3D models of most blocks and assets in the game were improved. Some models had their blocks reduced in size to increase the number of polygons in certain objects. This method adds even more details to objects such as trees, mobs, ladders, plants, furniture, etc. Weapons and certain items are almost unrecognizable due to the increased resolution and detailed textures. The texture in the Patrix texture pack adds even more details on top of the many improvements. Having a higher resolution allows for more details to be cramped in the same texture. The colors of the textures have also been tweaked so that they are more vibrant and easy to distinguish. It simply makes everything look much more crisp and detailed. According to the developer of Patrix, many of the textures were derived from free stock textures, collected from different websites. Through cropping, editing, and mixing, the textures were adapted to be suitable for use in Minecraft.
Other textures were made by the developer with the use of procedural texturing. To ensure that the game does not look too different, the developer used procedural color-matching so that the new textures have similar colors to the default textures. This makes it possible to use Patrix with existing maps without making them look weird. Using various tools to automate some of the work allowed Patrix to introduce photo-realistic textures for the entire game. Most resource packs usually replace around 30% to 50% of the textures in Minecraft. The Patrix resource pack is recommended to be used with Optifine HD. It uses some of the features in Optifine to make certain things work. For example, some blocks have multiple different textures and this feature only works with Optifine. This feature makes it possible to create more varied environments. Lighting also plays an important role. Patrix requires SEUS PTGI shader pack that can be installed like any other shader pack. The Patrix texture pack only works with SEUS PTGI as other shaders do not have the features required by Patrix. Shadows now look much crisper with the aid of the shader pack and the higher resolution of ingame textures. The resource pack is available in 3 different resolutions. It has a 32x, 128x, and a 256x version. The 256x resolution version of the Patrix resource pack is very demanding in terms of resources and even the modern computers may encounter difficulties running it. Players that are experiencing extreme frame rate drops are recommended to use the 128x version. The developer also created a 32x low-resolution version which is still better than vanilla Minecraft that uses 16x textures. One thing to note is that Patrix is getting constant updates from the developer. To fund his efforts to improve the resource pack, a Patreon page was created which grants access to the 128x and 256x versions of the resource pack to all paying members. It also comes with additional perks such as Patreon-only dev updates and early previews. The 32x version of the resource pack is available for free to anyone.
Patrix should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: POM / PBR - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15
Patrix — Screenshots
How to install Patrix Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Patrix texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
- SEUS PTGI – pathtrace version of Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shader;
NOTE: These settings must be set correctly, otherwise there may be problems with textures:
- Set/change “Shaders > Shader Options > Raytracing Options > Full Raytrace Reflections” to On (for SEUS PTGI shader only)
- Set/change “Quality Settings > Natural Textures” to Off
- Set/change “Detail Settings > Alternate Blocks” to On
- Set/change “Quality Settings > Connected Textures” to Fancy
- Set/change “Performance Settings > Smart Animations” to On
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.
[32x] [1.16.x – 1.15.x] Download Patrix Resource Pack – absolutely free, optifine required
[128x] [1.16.x – 1.15.x] Download Patrix Resource Pack – for Patrons, optifine required
[256x] [1.16.x – 1.15.x] Download Patrix Resource Pack – for Patrons, optifine required