When it comes to originality, most resource packs take existing textures and add a bit of polish to them. This happens by increasing the resolution of the textures, playing around with colors, or adding a bit of smoothness to them. Truly original resource packs replace existing textures with new ones. Project MELIOR is one such resource pack that manages to be original in terms of visuals while adding a much-needed polish to Minecraft. The Project MELIOR resource pack was released in early 2022. Developed for Minecraft 1.18, the resource pack benefits from having an active team of developers that continues to release updates. The biggest advantage that the resource pack had at the time of release was the fact that it came with over 2000 original textures from day one. This makes it feel like an almost complete resource pack with very few original textures being left in the game. The development team for Project MELIOR also established a roadmap for their future updates. As already mentioned, the Project MELIOR introduces over 2000 original textures. Despite having so many new textures replacing old ones, the resource pack still preserves the same vibe and feel of Minecraft. The blockiness of models, blocks, mobs, and all the items in the game remains the same. What changes are the details on textures and how some of them look. Things such as dirt, gravel, ore, weapons, tools, trees, leaves, grass, mobs, and more, have received a much-needed visual improvement with new textures. Water textures and sky textures have also been improved.
There is also an improvement to things such as snow and rain. Other types of particles in the game also received some tweaks to make them look better. All these improvements make the vanilla Minecraft look much more polished. Amongst the many improvements that Project MELIOR brings to Minecraft, there are also new icons for items. The GUI received some improvement making it easier to manage while also improving the visibility of certain aspects of the game such as player hit points. To improve the visuals in the game, Project MELIOR had to use higher resolution textures. Replacing x16 textures with new x16 textures would not account for a considerable visual improvement. The development team decided to increase texture resolution to x64. While the bump in resolution improves visuals, it may also come with a cost in terms of game performance. Most other resource packs use x32 resolution for their textures. There are even more demanding resource packs that use x128 or x256 textures. Project MELIOR sits somewhere in the middle as it does not aim to be a pure photorealistic resource pack, but instead tries to cater to everyone’s needs by offering the perfect blend of realism, artistic creativity and gameplay features. It aims to bring much-needed visual improvements to Minecraft without crippling your computer. Project MELIOR is a premium resource pack. This means that it is available to players that support the development team on Patreon. Installation of the resource pack needs to be done with tools such as Optifine as it needs access to special features for the sky textures. Also, the resource pack should be complemented by a shader pack. The development team recommends using BSL Shaders along with Project MELIOR.
Project MELIOR should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17
Project MELIOR — Video & Screenshots
How to install Project MELIOR Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Project MELIOR texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Difference between versions:
- Lite version – downscaled version of the full pack. Contains all the features of a full pack, but with lower texture resolution.
- Demo version – contains a few things and features from the full pack so you can try out the resource pack and decide if it’s worth your money;
- Full version – as the name suggests, this is the full version with all features and textures;
Project MELIOR 1.16UC
Reworks and improvements:
– Barrel block
– Hotbar (part of the in-game UI)
New textures and features:
– Froglight blocks
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
[Lite] [16x] [1.19.x – 1.17.x] Download Project MELIOR Resource Pack – absolutely free;
[Demo] [64x] [1.19.x – 1.17.x] Download Project MELIOR Resource Pack – absolutely free;
[Full] [64x] [1.19.x – 1.17.x] Download Project MELIOR Resource Pack – for Patrons only;