For players that became bored of the vanilla Minecraft experience, the Mickey Joe’s Relatively Improved Default resource pack may prove to be the ideal upgrade. It is a simple texture pack that alters the default visuals in Minecraft, offering a more immersive experience. Originally designed by the developer for his personal enjoyment alone, feedback from other players encouraged Mickey Joe to publish the resource pack and deliver constant updates. The resource pack, developed by user MushirMickeyJoe, received positive feedback for the numerous upgrades it delivers over vanilla Minecraft. Amongst the many changes, the resource pack includes new 3D models for llama heads, custom skins for villagers, 3D models for door elements, upgraded weapons, custom sky backgrounds for Mushroom Biomes and Jungles to Aqua, and many more texture improvements. The improvements found in the resource pack offer a great variety of changes that do not alter the design and feel of the vanilla experience but simply makes it better. The textures in the Mickey Joe’s Relatively Improved Default resource pack are more colorful, vibrant, and have more details. What is impressive about Mickey Joe’s Relatively Improved Default pack is that it was designed by a single user and it includes a wide range of visual improvements.
The developer worked on adding 3D models as well in order to improve Minecraft for himself and all players that use his resource pack. One important change that this resource pack adds is the removal of noise found in some default textures. Existing textures have been tweaked and improved over multiple upgrades by MushirMickeyJoe that continued working on the resource pack as a result of the positive feedback from the Minecraft community. Originally posted on Reddit in 2017, the resource pack had many iterations and updates. Some of the changes that the resource pack adds are also a consequence of the feedback from the community as MushirMickeyJoe is an active member amongst Minecraft players. In order to enjoy Mickey Joe’s Relatively Improved Default or also known as Barely Default resource pack by Mickey Joe, OptiFine is required. The tool needs to be installed in order to enjoy the new and improved textures, connected textures and 3D models. All the textures that have been improved and replaced by the resource pack are in 32x resolution. Using the 32x resolution for textures delivers a genuine Minecraft vanilla experience. It is also not resourced intensive, allow it to be installed and enjoyed by players with older computers that may not be able to run modern games. At the same time, the resource pack is relatively small in size and can be downloaded easily. Installation is the same as with other resource packs that use OptiFine for Minecraft.
Barely Default (Mickey Joe's Relatively Improved Default) should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13
Barely Default (Mickey Joe's Relatively Improved Default) — Video & Screenshots
How to install Barely Default (Mickey Joe's Relatively Improved Default) Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Barely Default (Mickey Joe's Relatively Improved Default) texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.