For players that became bored of the vanilla Minecraft experience, the Mickey Joe’s Relatively Improved Default resource pack may prove to be the ideal upgrade. It is a simple texture pack that alters the default visuals in Minecraft, offering a more immersive experience. Originally designed by the developer for his personal enjoyment alone, feedback from other players encouraged Mickey Joe to publish the resource pack and deliver constant updates. The resource pack, developed by user MushirMickeyJoe, received positive feedback for the numerous upgrades it delivers over vanilla Minecraft. Amongst the many changes, the resource pack includes new 3D models for llama heads, custom skins for villagers, 3D models for door elements, upgraded weapons, custom sky backgrounds for Mushroom Biomes and Jungles to Aqua, and many more texture improvements. The improvements found in the resource pack offer a great variety of changes that do not alter the design and feel of the vanilla experience but simply makes it better. The textures in the Mickey Joe’s Relatively Improved Default resource pack are more colorful, vibrant, and have more details. What is impressive about Mickey Joe’s Relatively Improved Default pack is that it was designed by a single user and it includes a wide range of visual improvements.
The developer worked on adding 3D models as well in order to improve Minecraft for himself and all players that use his resource pack. One important change that this resource pack adds is the removal of noise found in some default textures. Existing textures have been tweaked and improved over multiple upgrades by MushirMickeyJoe that continued working on the resource pack as a result of the positive feedback from the Minecraft community. Originally posted on Reddit in 2017, the resource pack had many iterations and updates. Some of the changes that the resource pack adds are also a consequence of the feedback from the community as MushirMickeyJoe is an active member amongst Minecraft players. In order to enjoy Mickey Joe’s Relatively Improved Default or also known as Barely Default resource pack by Mickey Joe, OptiFine is required. The tool needs to be installed in order to enjoy the new and improved textures, connected textures and 3D models. All the textures that have been improved and replaced by the resource pack are in 32x resolution. Using the 32x resolution for textures delivers a genuine Minecraft vanilla experience. It is also not resourced intensive, allow it to be installed and enjoyed by players with older computers that may not be able to run modern games. At the same time, the resource pack is relatively small in size and can be downloaded easily. Installation is the same as with other resource packs that use OptiFine for Minecraft.
Barely Default should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: Fresh Animations - 1.20.4 - 1.20.3 - 1.20.2 - 1.20.1 - 1.20 - 1.19.4 - 1.19.3 - 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13
Barely Default — Video & Screenshots
How to install Barely Default Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Barely Default texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Barely Default × Fresh Animations:
The Barely Default texture pack has support for Fresh Animations. Below is the trailer. Get the add-on for free in the download section below.
Barely Default Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Barely Default × Fresh Animations Add-on:
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.13.x] Download Barely Default × Fresh Animations Add-on Pack – must be placed on top of the Barely Default resource pack;
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;