Minecraft on its own is a great game. The community was given the freedom and necessary tools to make the game even better. With so many creative minds, dedicated to the game, we got to see some amazing resource packs. The Animal Crossing resource pack is one such example. Despite being inspired by Animal Crossing ew Horizons’ game for the Nintendo Switch, it still oozes creativity. They say that imitation is the greatest compliment and what the Animal Crossing resource pack manages to achieve is a true homage to the game. The texture pack changes several aspects of Minecraft. Textures are the first change that can be observed immediately. Minecraft received a more cartoonish look that is inspired by the game. The developers used a similar color palette but that was not enough to replicate the vibe of Animal Crossing. To replicate the visuals, more solid colors were used in textures. Despite being a 32x resource pack, thus having double the resolution of vanilla Minecraft for textures, it preserves the same blocky identity of the game. The solid and vibrant colors used on textures are the key elements that make the visuals similar to the game. Snow is much more fluid and uniform. The grass is greener and the flowers have more intense colors. The resource pack introduces 7 new flower types. There are new textures for the crafting bench, new chests, clearer glass, new textures for coconuts, oranges, peaches, and many more. Being a resource pack that is inspired by Animal Crossing lead the original developer to remove meats from the game.
They were replaced by various types of fruits that can be crafted into different types of pies. An interesting change is how mobs work. Animals are now piñatas. When a player slays an animal, it will drop different types of fruits. The Animal Crossing resource pack also introduces some new decorative items. The developer added paintings. To match the atmosphere of the game new music and sounds were added. All these changes are complemented by a redesigned GUI. The inventory is easier to manage and all the icons simply look much better. Another change introduced by the Animal Crossing texture pack is the villagers. They received new textures and their dialog frequency has been reduced. Also, the water textures have been improved and with the right shader, bodies of water look much better and have gorgeous reflections. Improving water is complemented by new textures for the sky. The clouds look much better, almost photorealistic. They are much smoother and have no more pixelation that would usually make them look blocky. As some of the changes that the Animal Crossing resource pack look better with a shader pack installed, game performance may be affected. Shaders can be demanding, especially for old computers. Since the resource pack changes sky textures, it requires installation via Optifine. Optifine tool have special features that enable these changes in Minecraft. The resource pack itself is still a work in progress. The developer has released several updates for it already.
Animal Crossing! should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15
Animal Crossing! — Screenshots
How to install Animal Crossing! Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Animal Crossing! texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Animal Crossing! Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;