Minecraft is not exactly a realist looking game. The graphics actually look rather cartoony and flat by design. That’s why using add-ons such as Mad Pixels resource pack might seem like a not bad idea. Because the objective of resource packs is to give Minecraft a completely different look. Even though the resource pack does feature textures that might seem rather simple at first glance -and other texture files that might look like they were pulled straight from the source files the redesign done in this resource pack gives a breath of fresh air to graphic design and saves original minecraft gameplay feeling. It is also a great resource pack for low-end computers, as the resource pack is made for low resolution.
Even though the Mad Pixels Cartoony texture pack is not that new, it is compatible with the most recent version of the game, as well as Minecraft versions 1.14.x. It has been a few years since the resource pack was first released. It also was released as a finished project, which means there are no updates or new additions for the resource pack for now. There are probably no more updates until Minecraft 1.15 is released. But it is just a possibility, as there are no confirmed news of an update for the resource pack. But don’t let this get you discouraged, it’s a well-done resource pack that doesn’t lack anything. Almost every single texture is changed in this resource pack. It is a great resource pack if you are looking to change Minecraft and give it a fresher look, but still maintain the same good old Minecraft look and feel.
Mad Pixels should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Mad Pixels — Video & Screenshots
How to install Mad Pixels Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Mad Pixels texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- By leaving comments below and voting you help the authors improve their project.