Minecraft is not exactly a realist looking game. The graphics actually look rather cartoony and flat by design. That’s why using add-ons such as Mad Pixels resource pack might seem like a not bad idea. Because the objective of resource packs is to give Minecraft a completely different look. Even though the resource pack does feature textures that might seem rather simple at first glance -and other texture files that might look like they were pulled straight from the source files the redesign done in this resource pack gives a breath of fresh air to graphic design and saves original minecraft gameplay feeling. It is also a great resource pack for low-end computers, as the resource pack is made for low resolution.
Even though the Mad Pixels Cartoony texture pack is not that new, it is compatible with the most recent version of the game, as well as Minecraft versions 1.14.x. It has been a few years since the resource pack was first released. It also was released as a finished project, which means there are no updates or new additions for the resource pack for now. There are probably no more updates until Minecraft 1.15 is released. But it is just a possibility, as there are no confirmed news of an update for the resource pack. But don’t let this get you discouraged, it’s a well-done resource pack that doesn’t lack anything. Almost every single texture is changed in this resource pack. It is a great resource pack if you are looking to change Minecraft and give it a fresher look, but still maintain the same good old Minecraft look and feel.
Mad Pixels should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Mad Pixels — Screenshots
How to install Mad Pixels Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Mad Pixels texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Mad Pixels - Comparison 16x
Mad Pixels - Comparison 64x
Mad Pixels - Comparison 3D models
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Java Edition (16x):
[16x] [1.17.x – 1.9.x] Download Mad Pixels Resource Pack
[16x] [1.8.x] Download Mad Pixels Resource Pack
Java Edition (64x):
[64x] [1.17.x – 1.11.x] Download Mad Pixels Resource Pack
Java Edition (3D):
[16x] [1.17.x – 1.11.x] Download Mad Pixels 3D Resource Pack
I love the simple!
I love this pack but, the 1.17 goat is not done or even touched but still this pack is amazing
does this work on 1.15 java??
Yes it does.
Nice texture pack, but I think you should put some breaking texture instead of the gauge that appears when you break a block
Hello, I would like to ask if I can use this as a base texture pack?
This is the perfect base I could use. I will give you full credit if you would like, but I understand if you would not allow this. I just wanted to ask before immediately doing so, thank you-RandomL
I can not see the crafting book. That’s the first problem. The mineral stones are not really indistinguishable. Like you can’t recognize if it is diorite or stone… The language that I choose is not supported by your font. I really want to help about this! Otherwise, it is really perfect!
wen i tried to add a banner to a shield the texture looks weird plz help
it works for me but do you have a fix for the Incompatible message in the resourcepack folder? thats really the only reason i downlaoded this 1.11 file
I downloaded it and I did everything as said, but it still didn’t work. I’m not sure why. Maybe it has to do because I’m in Widows 10 so I can’t do the %appdata% thing, but I still was able to put it in my resource file under .minecraft
You CAN do the %appdata% thing mah dude
I’m on windows 10 and use it ALL the time for basically everything
On windows 10 – Right click on the Start button on the bottom left (where the menu is). Click on “Run”. In the box that comes up type %appdata% and press return. That takes you to your Minecraft Roaming folder. Double click on .Minecraft in the folders that come up and you’ll see Resource packs under that.