Sometimes it feels like this photorealistic Minecraft resource pack changes the game so much that it does not feel like Minecraft anymore. The LodeCraft resource pack does not fit into this category. It is a modest, simple yet enjoyable resource pack that gets back to the basics. When they say that less is more, LodeCraft is the perfect example for this expression as It looks and feels like Minecraft yet darker, a bit more creepy, and rejuvenating to play at the same time. The LodeCraft resource pack was released a few years ago and it is not yet finished. At the core, it is a fantasy-style resource pack that comes with new textures or skins if you will for various pieces of armor, weapons, items, and mobs. There are also new decorative objects such as new paintings, chests, fences, doors, torches, and so on. What some players pointed out is that the resource pack has a certain vibe to it that is reminiscent of old games such as Doom and Hexen.
This is mainly due to the addition of more gray textures and a darker tone. Since Hexen took place in a medieval world, the resemblance is obvious. The LodeCraft resource pack changes many existing textures to make them a good fit for a medieval environment, allowing players to build amazing buildings from that era such as castles, cathedrals dungeons, and so forth. Beyond the visuals, the LodeCraft texture pack does manage to make textures crispier due to its increased texture resolution. While vanilla Minecraft uses 16x textures, LodeCraft has 32x textures. This means two times more pixels per block or two times more details. There is also less scatter and better lighting effects that mandate the use of a shader pack. What will matter for some is that the 32x resolution of the textures used in LodeCraft will not make it a resource hog. It runs almost just as well as vanilla Minecraft.
LodeCraft should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
LodeCraft — Screenshots
How to install LodeCraft Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the LodeCraft texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.