When it comes to Minecraft resource packs, there is a big craze for high-resolution textures and photorealistic visuals. However, some of the most popular resource packs do not have high-resolution textures and pretentious features. The Pollachius resource pack is one such example that proves less is more. Built to be a vibrant and boxy resource pack, Pollachius keeps things simple but still manages to differentiate itself from other resource packs, bringing a fresh vibe to vanilla Minecraft. If this sounds like a texture pack that you might enjoy, stick around to learn more about it and how it came to be. A successful resource pack usually has a talented developer or a group of developers. Pollachius was created by a community user known as cheezlordy. The texture pack was released in June 2021 and managed to get tens of thousands of downloads across several sites where it has been published. Before Pollachius, cheezlordy had a couple of other projects released but not all of them managed to take off properly. Since its release, the resource pack received several updates and continues to receive support from the developer. He is active within the Minecraft community and appears to be receptive to criticism and suggestions for future updates. To understand just what makes Pollachius such a gorgeous resource pack, it is important to compare it to vanilla Minecraft. The original features textures that are less vibrant, many shades of gray, and textures that can be confused between each other due to their resemblance. Pollachius fixes these aspects that introducing new textures which appear to have fewer details but use a more vibrant color pallet. The colors are rich, and everything looks brighter. The grass is greener, sand is light gold, wood has a red-ish brown color, flowers are bright red, blue, or yellow, lava is of a bright gold color and the changes do not stop there.
As mentioned previously, the textures appear to have fewer details on them. This is a merely visual effect due to the shift in texture colors. In reality, Pollachius offers the same level of detail as vanilla Minecraft. It uses the same 8×8 texture resolution. The boxy aesthetics and colors make it seem as if textures have fewer details. Pollachius does not fiddle around much with the player HUD and UI. However, it does introduce new inventory item icons for existing blocks and objects. The new icons use more vibrant colors but for the most part, they look similar to the original ones. Also, there are new textures for players, certain mobs, and some critters. One aspect that is important to note is that in some presentation screenshots, the lighting and shadows in Minecraft appear to be improved when running the game with Pollachius installed. In reality, the resource pack does not include any changes to lighting, shaders, or anything of such sort, It does not even use special textures or new textures for the sky, clouds, or water. If you want to obtain a similar effect as what you see in some screenshots, you need to use a shader pack. Sadly, the developer does not have any kind of recommendations for a shader pack that would work well with the Pollachius resource pack. If you install Pollachius without a shader pack, you will be surprised just how well Minecraft will run. The resource pack is very well optimized. Also, using 8×8 texture resolution makes the game less taxing when it comes to resource usage. This means that it can run well on older computers that can run vanilla Minecraft. At the same time, because it does not affect game performance, Pollachius can be a great PvP resource pack. It makes objects and player textures easier to distinguish and it will provide a smooth and high FPS. If you can afford a small decrease in FPS, it will be worth using a shade pack along with the Pollachius resource pack. In terms of installation, Pollachius can be installed manually. All you have to do is to download the zip file, place it in your resource pack folder found inside the main Minecraft folder then load the resource pack from the game menu.
Pollachius should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.20.2 - 1.20.1 - 1.20 - 1.19.4 - 1.19.3 - 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - Bedrock Edition - PE
Pollachius — Video & Screenshots
How to install Pollachius Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Pollachius texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Pollachius - Comparison Slider #1 Without shaders
Comparison slider #1 for those who want to compare vanilla Minecraft without any texture packs installed (on the left) with Minecraft using this particular texture pack (on the right).
Pollachius - Comparison Slider #2 With BSL Shaders
Comparison slider #2 for those who want to compare vanilla Minecraft without any texture packs installed (on the left) with Minecraft using this particular texture pack (on the right).
Pollachius Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;