Minecraft resource packs usually focus on improving texture resolution and changing certain things so that they are specific to a medieval or fantasy type of game. This is usually the result of the fact that Minecraft is much more suitable for an RPG style of gameplay. However, every once in a while we get a resource pack that is completely different from what we are used to. Hokomoko’s Modern resource pack comes with a different proposition. Instead of introducing medieval or fantasy-themed textures and items, it focuses on modern elements that we are used to seeing in our everyday lives. This does not mean that it is a realistic resource pack. Instead, it is a different type of resource pack that can be just as fun as any other resource pack. It is not exactly clear when the development of the Hokomoko’s Modern resource pack started but the resource pack was released and was playable for the first time in February 2013. There is not a lot of info on the original developer, and he had several accounts with variations of his nickname being used to publish his projects. He is known as DaHokomoko or Hokomoko2332. There have been several iterations of his Modern Texture pack but the original one has received the most downloads. He has several other resource packs released but as far as Hokomoko’s Modern resource pack goes, there have not been any new updates in a while. However, according to the developer, his resource pack is 100% complete indicating that there is no intention to publish any significant updates. The Hokomoko’s Modern texture pack does not focus on introducing astonishing levels of detail to textures. Instead, it uses 32x texture resolution. The efforts of the developer have been invested in keeping the game as blocky as everyone is familiar with from vanilla but with a modern twist. At the core, Hokomoko’s Modern resource pack is very simple or basic. It takes existing textures and replaces them with something else.
It also introduces a few new blocks and items. Amongst the most notable things that you will see if you install the Hokomoko’s Modern resource pack, we can name things such as electronics (TVs, speakers, lamps, etc.), appliances for the kitchen, vending machines, modern furniture, modern floors, carpets, sofas, bookshelves, beds, new and modern doors, windows and more. All these new items allow you to build modern houses or places that are inspired by reality. What the resource pack does not touch upon is everything else. We do not get new sky and water textures, clouds are the same and the Sun and Moon are just as blocky as they always were. Also, the mobs in the game, flowers, and crops are all the same. Trees, leaves and most types of terrain also remain unchanged. The vast majority of changes focus on things that you can use to build and equip a modern home which is reflective of the title of the resource pack. The game menu and player HUD were also neglected. If they would have been tweaked a bit to look more modern and fit the theme of the resource pack, it would have certainly been a tad bit more appreciated. However, with everything that is lacking and players would expect to get in a resource pack, Hokomoko’s Modern resource pack is still a breath of fresh air. Also, the resource pack was released more than a decade ago. In 2013, resource packs were much simpler. The Hokomoko’s Modern resource pack can be installed with or without Optifine. It does not use any kind of special features thus you can use the classic method to manually move the resource pack zip file and load it into the game. In terms of performance, Hokomoko’s Modern resource pack should not make any difference. Because it uses 32x textures, it does not affect game performance all that much. This makes it a PVP-friendly resource pack. However, because it was not updated in a while, the resource pack may not work with the latest versions of Minecraft.
Hokomoko’s Modern should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
Hokomoko’s Modern — Screenshots
How to install Hokomoko’s Modern Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Hokomoko’s Modern texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Hokomoko’s Modern Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;