The Depixel resource pack is one of the most comprehensive projects for Minecraft as far as textures are concerned. Whereas many packs start very ambitiously only to decline later on, Depixel goes even beyond its base features. Previously known as Default 32×32, this pack took its inspiration from the very successful and famous Faithful resource pack, albeit with a much higher level of innovation and creativity. The developer’s main goal in creating Depixel was to retain as much of the vanilla experience as possible while also enhancing and bringing it to another level. This resource pack doesn’t try to reinvent the wheel or bring some shiny new features which is exactly why it’s so appealing to the wider audience. Once you load up the game with this pack enabled, you’ll immediately notice that everything seems much smoother. Forget about the noisy, grainy textures that stabbed your eyes during regular gameplay. Grass, stone, ores and other familiar blocks have all been modified to look more uniform. The connected textures (optifine required) provide a seamless appearance that you’ll grow to love. As far as other changes go, the armor has been completely transformed. Each individual piece is much shinier than before, and wearing a complete set gives the player a more appealing look. The mobs become more menacing – especially the skeletons – with their bared teeth and dark eyes. All of these adjustments work together to make your Minecraft experience more interesting and entertaining. Now we come to the true gem of Depixel texture pack: the add-ons. These are mini-packs that alter various aspects of the game, complementing the original resource pack. Since the developer put in a lot of work to make Depixel as polished as possible, it’s expected that some of these additional features come at a price. However, these extras are very cheap at just a couple of bucks, and the supporters get access to several exclusive pieces of content that can further enhance the game. These add-ons include:
- EXTENDED ADD-ON – This is one of the best on the list with a wide range of custom textures included, with the most impressive ones being the tools. All of the different tiers – wood, stone, gold, iron, diamond, and netherite – have a different appearance. There are dozens of additional features, and it’s clear that a lot of time and effort was put into this extended add-on. Some more changes are improved lava, realistic rain, animated faces for mobs, an amethyst sword custom item, etc.
- 3D ADD-ON – One of the free add-ons, the 3D models add some more depth to the blocks. For example, a cobblestone could have irregular patterns and protruding rocks, providing a life-like representation.
- PVP ADD-ON – If you like to engage in multiplayer combat, this is the one to try out. The PvP add-on makes fire less obstructive, alters GUI to be clear and transparent, and even changes diamond gear to a red color palette.
- ALPHA ADD-ON – For the veteran players that want to relive the nostalgia of the early alpha Minecraft days. The only thing that’s changed in this add-on is the foliage color – bright green grass and leaves have been reintroduced.
Besides this massive add-on support, Depixel is available for both Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock. The Bedrock version has a couple of smaller add-ons too – better glass, better grass, and bordered ores. The basic releases for both versions are free and available on the official website. The resource pack has its own Discord community where you can share your suggestions, ideas, or issues. If you like to test out stuff before it’s officially released, Depixel has a weekly snapshot support so you can try it out on the newest Minecraft versions. Regarding performance, it doesn’t get much better than the 32×32 resolution that Depixel is designed in. This is just double the size of the vanilla Minecraft textures, and the visual difference that you get is incomparable. While the standalone pack doesn’t seem to require Optifine, many of the features that add-ons introduce do. For this reason, it’s better to be safe and install it before running the game with Depixel. Some people even claim to have gotten an FPS improvement compared to the original textures. Whatever the truth may be, you should really try out this masterpiece for yourself.
Depixel should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.20.1 - 1.20 - 1.19.4 - 1.19.3 - 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - Bedrock Edition - PE
Depixel — Screenshots
How to install Depixel Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Depixel texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Depixel - Comparison Slider #1 without shaders
Comparison slider #1 for those who want to compare vanilla Minecraft without any texture packs installed (on the left) with Minecraft using this particular texture pack (on the right).
Depixel - Comparison Slider #2 with Complementary Reimagined shaders
Comparison slider #2 for those who want to compare vanilla Minecraft without any texture packs installed (on the left) with Minecraft using this particular texture pack (on the right).
Depixel Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Download Depixel Bedrock Lite Edition Resource Pack – lite version, absolutely free, contains only blocks and items;
Download Depixel Bedrock Full Edition Resource Pack – full version, for Patrons only, complete experience;
[32x] [1.20.x] Download Depixel Resource Pack – 1.20 is currently in early access and is only available to Patrons, will become free once fully completed and released;
[32x] [1.19.x – 1.15.x] Download Depixel Resource Pack – a mirror link in case the above doesn’t work;
Add-ons – Java Edition:
Add-ons – Bedrock Edition:
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;