Don’t be fooled by its name – the Woodpecker resource pack doesn’t focus exclusively on birds. Instead, it overhauls the game to give it a medieval, rustic feel. Woodpecker is unique and characteristic due to the varying amount of colors per block. Instead of being constant, each block can have four or more different colors to its texture. This unusual feature significantly amplifies the game’s atmosphere, and nicely imitates the effects of a shader pack without having a negative impact on performance. Each area will feel unique, even though it’s made out of the same blocks. Another nice surprise is the Woodpecker’s resolution that stays true to the original at 16×16. Whereas other resource packs usually have a set image for each texture along with the colors, Woodpecker brings different color layouts for each specific block. While some similarities can be noticed between certain blocks, many of them are completely different.
These significant variations between colors are able to provide an illusion of a much larger resolution than the one Woodpecker actually offers. Although this resource pack is still a work in progress, most of the unfinished stuff is related to mobs, items and icons – the blocks are almost fully completed. Besides the main in-game stuff, Woodpecker provides a complete overhaul of the layouts for the inventory, crafting and enchanting tables, storage etc. The main disadvantage is the lack of any updates and changes to the game’s paintings. It seems like the pack focuses more on the actual elements of the gameplay that you’ll encounter the most, which is pretty common for medieval-themed packs. However, the unique color palette implementations, a completely new GUI, along with the lightweight 16×16 resolution that won’t affect the performance even on the oldest of PC’s more than make up for the lack of any new paintings. Overall, Woodpecker is a solidly built, lightweight resource pack.
Woodpecker should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Woodpecker — Video & Screenshots
How to install Woodpecker Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Woodpecker texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
[16x] [1.16.x – 1.15.x] Download Woodpecker Resource Pack – by Iloveflareon
Check out the Woodpecker Resource Pack on the Official Source – by Iloveflareon