When looking for a resource pack, sometimes simplicity is key. This is the fundamental goal that Velvet Dreams resource pack seeks to accomplish, making the graphics bright and smooth. We should note that normally we wouldn’t be interested with resource packs that have bright colors, but with Velvet Dreams these colors just works. This is likely due to the resource pack improving the textures, but still keeping the feel for Minecraft ascetics. One thing that likely bugs many veteran players are resource packs that go above and beyond to change the textures as much as possible, which leaves the game looking good but not really feeling the same either. For Velvet Dreams, the key is to be simple. The graphics are smoother, but as we mentioned in the previous paragraph still have that Minecraft feel. For the technical aspects of Velvet Dreams, the resolution is at x64.
Normally a resource pack with this resolution would require a above-average computer, unless you don’t mind lagging, but surprisingly there wasn’t any lag at all on regular computers. This, and the ability to have higher resolution, is once again thanks to the simplicity mindset. The textures are detailed just enough but not left barren either. The last feature that Velvet Dreams brings to the table is a revamped user interface. While quite a lot of work was put into it, we can’t say we were a fan of the new potion icons. They’re not bad, but we just weren’t impressed with them as we were with the texture work and the other features of the user interface. Overall, if you want a simplistic resource pack that sure to be pleasing to the eye, you can’t go wrong with Velvet Dreams. The textures are smooth, they won’t hog your computer’s memory even at a resolution of x64, and this is one of the few resource packs out there that can make bright and vibrant colors actually appealing!
Velvet Dreams should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Velvet Dreams — Screenshots
How to install Velvet Dreams Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Velvet Dreams texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Velvet Dreams Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;