When looking for a resource pack, sometimes simplicity is key. This is the fundamental goal that Velvet Dreams resource pack seeks to accomplish, making the graphics bright and smooth. We should note that normally we wouldn’t be interested with resource packs that have bright colors, but with Velvet Dreams these colors just works. This is likely due to the resource pack improving the textures, but still keeping the feel for Minecraft ascetics. One thing that likely bugs many veteran players are resource packs that go above and beyond to change the textures as much as possible, which leaves the game looking good but not really feeling the same either. For Velvet Dreams, the key is to be simple. The graphics are smoother, but as we mentioned in the previous paragraph still have that Minecraft feel. For the technical aspects of Velvet Dreams, the resolution is at x64.
Normally a resource pack with this resolution would require a above-average computer, unless you don’t mind lagging, but surprisingly there wasn’t any lag at all on regular computers. This, and the ability to have higher resolution, is once again thanks to the simplicity mindset. The textures are detailed just enough but not left barren either. The last feature that Velvet Dreams brings to the table is a revamped user interface. While quite a lot of work was put into it, we can’t say we were a fan of the new potion icons. They’re not bad, but we just weren’t impressed with them as we were with the texture work and the other features of the user interface. Overall, if you want a simplistic resource pack that sure to be pleasing to the eye, you can’t go wrong with Velvet Dreams. The textures are smooth, they won’t hog your computer’s memory even at a resolution of x64, and this is one of the few resource packs out there that can make bright and vibrant colors actually appealing!
Velvet Dreams — Screenshots
How to install Velvet Dreams Resource PackNOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be installed, so be sure to install it.
- Download the resource pack from the links below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch Minecraft.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before proceeding with download, please pay attention to:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Do not forget to leave a comment. This will help the authors to improve their project.