The Space Station resource pack was released in late 2021 by user OwlsCubed. He has several resource packs already released. With past experience of successful packs, the Space Station texture pack was released. Despite what the name would imply, you do not get to play Minecraft in space with this resource pack. What it does is bring some new textures and stylized blocks that will allow you to build your space station in Minecraft. This includes new textures for certain blocks that now look like metallic structures, ventilation systems, new floor tiles, new lighting elements, railways, conveyor belts, new crate textures, etc. There are small elements that have been added to enforce this theme. You can even build lockers or place various blocks that have warning signs or directions, just like you would see in a space station. All these futuristic elements allow you to build new worlds and buildings that are inspired by sci-fi scenes from movies, shows, and cartoons. Despite all these visual changes that are meant to introduce a sci-fi vibe to Minecraft, it still retains the same core identity. It remains a blocky cartoonish game.
This is in part the result of the developer using 16x resolution textures. While they do not add many details, the change in visual style is certainly noticeable. Also, the lower 16x resolution does not cripple older computers meaning that you do not need a monster PC to run Minecraft with the Space Station resource pack installed. Future development is a very important aspect of any resource pack. In the case of the Space Station resource pack, the developer is reasonably active. As the resource pack was released not too long ago, there are still plans to add more improvements. No changes were done to the UI yet but OwlsCubed did share plans to change it so that it fits the sci-fi theme. Also, while the resource pack is 100% complete, the developer has plans to improve certain textures for some blocks. There are also plans to add more variety for blocks and objects in the game. So far, the resource pack adds plenty of new elements such as stylized mobs and player textures but more are expected to come in the future. In terms of visual quality, the resource pack will not knock anyone’s boots off. To improve the visuals without upping the texture resolution, a shader pack can be used. The resource pack has been showcased several times with a blur effect which makes it look better. Keep in mind that a shader pack can hurt your framerate.
Space Station should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16
Space Station — Screenshots
How to install Space Station Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Space Station texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Space Station Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;