rotrBLOCKS resource pack is one of many that attempts to change the plain vanilla Minecraft look for the better by upscaling textures. What is impressive about the resource pack that it manages to achieve this goal much better than most resource packs that focus on realism, vanilla theme and increased levels of details. It is a promising resource pack that is still under development. Despite being relatively new, it adds a plethora of visual upgrades. rotrBLOCKS was released in early 2021, receiving many praises from the community for the level of details it adds and for how the textures and 3D models look. The texture pack was created by user jekruy. rotrBLOCKS stands for Replace of the Reality BLOCKS. It is a fitting name as the resource pack brings photorealism to many visuals in the game. Inspired by the Faithful resource pack, rotrBLOCKS does not aim to make significant changes to the textures themselves. Even if more pixels are added, color palets and the overall design of the textures are the same. What it does is to add more details and instead of everything looking blocky, there is, even more, to see as you stand closer and closer to objects in the game. There is a certain degree of familiarity that was preserved by rotrBlocks while still making everything look better than ever. It is still Minecraft but better. Amongst the many improvements it brings, rotrBLOCKS makes trees, flowers, grass and other types of plants in the game look much more natural. There are more textures, details and much closer to how they would look in real life. While blocks are still blocky and have a limited amount of polygons, the upscaled textures make it appear as if 3D models were reworked. Stone now has cracks, wood textures are much more distinguishable, sand grains can be observed when looking up close and shadows have been improved to be much smoother. Of course, for all of these features to work, you need a PBR / POM-enabled shader pack. The author recommends using BSL Shaders.
All the added details would have not made such a noticeable impact if the lighting would have not been tuned. There is less field of view fog, reduced noise and improved light glared during the day. Clouds are also changed and are no longer blocky. As the resource pack is very new, being launched in early 2021, development is at an accelerated pace to introduce as many new blocks and textures. The latest update adds new red sandstone, sandstone, Redstone lamps, a new crafting table, new leaves for birch, oak, jungle, and spruce trees as well as a furnace and different types of wood planks. It is important to note that rotrBLOCKS is a subproject of the PRB/POM resource pack. User jekruy, the creator of Replace of the Reality Blocks resource pack is offering the 256x resolution version of the pack for free. There is also a 512x, a 1024x, and a 2048x version of the texture pack which increases the details even further. Compared to the vanilla Minecraft resolution of 16x, that is a considerable improvement. The only downside is that the increased texture resolution also demands more resources. Even the 256x version will result in a framerate drop for users with older computers. Modern systems should be able to handle the 512x and 256x versions. The 1024x and 2048x are very demanding and even the most powerful systems can struggle running rotrBLOCKS at such high resolutions. The 512x, 1024x and 2048x versions of the resource pack are only available via Patreon. Supporters will gain access to them based on their membership level. The funds are means to support the creator and offer voting power to the members. Members can vote on which features and changes should be added and get access to updates earlier than everyone else. The rotrBLOCKS resource pack makes use of Optifine features such as CTM for different types of blocks. Along with Optifine HD, a BSL shader pack is also recommended to improve lighting throughout Minecraft and reduce noise levels. As per the latest update, the resource pack is currently available for Minecraft versions 1.13.x and above.
rotrBLOCKS | Replace of the Reality should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13
rotrBLOCKS | Replace of the Reality — Screenshots
How to install rotrBLOCKS | Replace of the Reality Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the rotrBLOCKS | Replace of the Reality texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.
[256x] [1.16.x] Download rotrBLOCKS Resource Pack – absolutely free, optifine required
[256x] [1.15.x] Download rotrBLOCKS Resource Pack – absolutely free, optifine required
[256x] [1.14.x – 1.13.x] Download rotrBLOCKS Resource Pack – absolutely free, optifine required
[512x] [1.16.x – 1.13.x] Download rotrBLOCKS Resource Pack – for Patrons, optifine required
[1024x] [1.16.x – 1.13.x] Download rotrBLOCKS Resource Pack – for Patrons, optifine required
[2048x] [1.16.x – 1.13.x] Download rotrBLOCKS Resource Pack – for Patrons, optifine required