Not everyone wants a texture pack that makes Minecraft unrecognizable. The Purepixel’s Rubix resource pack is one great example of how with a few simple tweaks over the vanilla version of the game, Minecraft gets a lot better. Starting with the visuals and sounds in the game, the Rubix texture pack is a great alternative for the ones that got bored of vanilla Minecraft but do not want to stray too much away from it. The first and easiest to spot change that the resource pack brings is improved reflections. The water looks considerably better. This is also the result of the color tweaking of textures. Colors that seemed bland and washed away are now brighter. For the sake of simplicity, the resource pack uses the same texture for gemstones but with different colors.
To some, this may seem like a con as mining in low light may make them harder to differentiate. In normal light, the new textures make them much easier to spot. The textures that have been reworked are much cleaner and have a very simplistic tone which is reminiscent of how old Mario game worlds used to look. Players that want to try Purepixel’s Rubix resource pack should be aware that the resource pack does not introduce new mobs or textures for the mobs. The resource pack uses simple 16x resolution textures. This makes it possible for older computers to run it without any performance drops. If you can run vanilla Minecraft, you should be able to enjoy Purepixel’s Rubix resource as well. The pack is very compact in terms of file size and very easy to install. It can be installed like any other resource pack and does not require any shader pack.
Rubix should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
Rubix — Screenshots
How to install Rubix Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Rubix texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.