The Perch resource pack is a great alternative for the ones that want to try something else other than vanilla Minecraft that is closer to how 8-bit games used to look. Not everyone wants or can play using a high-resolution resource pack. Many players experience severe performance issues when trying anything above the standard 16x resolution. Other players may not like turning Minecraft into something that it isn`t by using high-resolution textures. What the Perch texture pack does is to introduce RPG-themed visuals in an 8x resolution that is reminiscent of old arcade games. The Perch! was released in late 2020 by a community member with experience in making high-resolution resource packs. It is the first 8x resource pack developed by J. Bergelin and due to its success, he continues to release regular updates. Many aspects of the game have been improved visually. While texture resolution has been decreased, objects and blocks are still distinguishable. Work has been done on trees, flowers, ores, bookshelves, paintings, mobs, swords, bows, crops, and pretty much everything inside Minecraft. Even tree leaves have been redone to appear mode blocky. The developer claims that almost all textures in the resource pack have been updated. Beyond the extensive work of downscaling existing textures, colors have also been improved, making the game less dull and gray, and more colorful. Lighting is also better, making all textures much crisper despite the 8x resolution.
Some visual effects and animations were also improved to be more in tune with the rest of the changes introduced in the Perch! resource pack. While all these changes and improvements cover most aspects of the game, the resource pack focuses on minimalism. Textures are simple, bright, and easy to distinguish. The GUI and menus have also been changed to reflect the style of the resource pack. In Perch!, the items in HUD, menus, and inventory screen have been downscaled to appear more blocky and closer to how they would look in a classic 8-bit game. Despite the lower resolution icons, everything is still distinguishable. Despite being released as a tiny RPG resource pack, it can be great for PVP players. The lower resolution will translate into better frame rates and improved performance. The Perch! resource pack receives constant updates. J. Bergelin, the developer of the resource pack created a Discord community to gather feedback from players and suggestions for future updates. With each update, the resource pack is closer to updating all ingame assets to 8x resolution. As vanilla Minecraft uses a default resolution of 16x, the Perch! can improve game performance on older systems. It is also a great option for the ones that are struggling to play vanilla Minecraft. At the same time, the lower resolution textures, make the resource pack compact in terms of file size. Like most other resource packs, Perch! is easy to install.
Perch! should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15
Perch! — Screenshots
How to install Perch! Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Perch! texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.