As you can probably guess by its name, the Minetroid resource pack tries to implement some of the elements of the Metroid games – a popular franchise made by Nintendo – and implement them into the Minecraft world. The highly acclaimed series, whose main protagonist is a space bounty hunter by the name of Samus Aran, reached worldwide fame and gained affection from millions of fans. With more than 11 installments and various character models, the prerequisites for a high-end resource pack are more than favorable. Similarly to Minecraft, the franchise is adventure based with focus on exploration. There have been numerous different attempts to bring Metroid’s atmosphere and overall feel to Minecraft, but none of them come close to the level of detail that Minetroid is able to provide. The space-themed textures have a grainy, almost futuristic feel and give off a robotic vibe.
It manages to replicate a duller ambiance perfectly, which is exactly what a resource pack of this caliber should strive towards. It’s hard to imagine that the old-fashioned feel of Metroid would fit Minecraft, but Minetroid manages to pull it off flawlessly. You’d be hard-pressed to find any element of the game that isn’t overhauled by some aspect of this timeless classic, including mobs, weapons, tools, armor, items etc. A surprising addition is the recreation of Visor’s HUD from Metroid Prime – it activates as soon as you put a pumpkin on your helmet slot. However, since Minetroid is only a resource pack, the HUD is simply a visual attraction. All these features won’t cost you a single frame drop; believe it or not, the textures of Minetroid come at the exact same dimensions as that of the original resource pack – 16×16. As long as your PC can handle the vanilla game, you’ll have no trouble battling Golems, Space Pirates, Ings and other baddies that come your way.
Minetroid should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7 - 1.5.2
Minetroid — Video & Screenshots
How to install Minetroid Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Minetroid texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.