Until very recently Hollywood Blocks resource pack had not been updated even though it was created over seven years ago, meaning that this pack did not work with the newer versions of Minecraft. The original 128x project was started in mid 2013, but it was abandoned with the author citing ‘personal issues’, including equipment shortages and RAW file loss. However, there is now some good news! This pack has finally been updated and is now compatible with the latest version of Minecraft, version 1.15. The pack was created by Fernando M.S., or FiMiS, and was made in such a way as to make the blocks look better without removing the flavor and taste of plain vanilla Minecraft. Turning to the details of the pack itself, it is a simplistic and default looking pack which replaces the textures of all blocks and makes them considerably sharper and much more detailed.
It removes the default looking 16x textures and replaces them with high definition ones with a resolution of 256x. The pack also creates textures in a new way. Its focus is on maximizing the default design, exposing only subtle details when viewed in high definition. All the techniques used in this feature pack are gray scale variant color overlays, this being a procedure modelled upon primitive texturing schemes used in video games such as Quake 1996. In essence, the shadows, reliefs, color tests and illusory ambient occlusion are created using only textures. In summary, this pack works extremely well in three dimensions, without ray tracing or mappings. It is definitely something fresh and unique, and not something that has been done before. If you love to live in a more fabulous Minecraft world without the other aspects of the game being changed, then this might well be an ideal pack for you.
Hollywood Blocks should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7 - 1.6.4 - 1.6.2
Hollywood Blocks — Screenshots
How to install Hollywood Blocks Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Hollywood Blocks texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update the links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on our site.
- By leaving comments below and voting you help the authors improve their project.