The Faded Dreams resource pack is one of the older resource packs released for vanilla Minecraft. Published originally in 2015, this 7-year-old resource pack still holds its own even today. The original developer aimed to create a simple yet refreshing resource pack by introducing several changes to improve the visuals in vanilla Minecraft. While there are plenty of players that enjoy the original graphics of Minecraft, Faded Dreams offers a decent alternative for the ones that are looking for a visual upgrade. The first thing that the developer did is to increase the texture resolution. Vanilla Minecraft uses 16x textures while Faded Dreams uses 64x textures. This bump in pixels leads to mode details and higher fidelity. Higher texture resolution also means the addition of new textures. The Faded Dreams texture pack adds new textures for grass, leaves, trees, wood, sand, dirt, ores, and more.
It also adds new textures for water and it introduces several new blocks. While not all the textures in the game were replaced, many of them received tweaks in the sense of texture color tweaking and more details have been added. Lastly, the resource pack also replaces some of the sounds in the game. While they may not directly impact visuals, they complement them and are a much-welcomed change to vanilla Minecraft. The new sounds, textures, and color palette allows you to create epic worlds that can reproduce medieval settings, castles, dungeons, and classic villages. The Faded Dreams pack can be installed manually. It does not fiddle with sky textures thus it does not need access to special features that something that MCPatcher or OptiFine would offer. However, both tools can also be used to install the resource pack. Because Faded Dreams only replaces existing textures and uses 64x resolution, the resource pack does not have a considerable impact on framerates. It can be used by PvP players without having to worry about game performance.
Faded Dreams should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
Faded Dreams — Screenshots
How to install Faded Dreams Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Faded Dreams texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.