Minecraft is famous for it’s open world concept and endless possibilities, but after a while, the game can begin to feel stagnant. That’s where resource packs come into play, and one of the oldest and most unique is the Darklands. Breathing a medieval air into the blocks of the world, the Darklands resource pack has existed for several years and has received numerous updates to keep the pack relevant and fresh. A balance that the Darklands has found that sets it apart from other packs is its ambitious use of color and detail, without overwhelming the player. Many other resource packs fail when they try to add too much detail and color. Minecraft is known for it’s simple design, and with too much added fluff, it can change the integrity of the game. The gameplay simply becomes too overbearing to the player.
The Darklands is able to add more detail to the world without losing what makes Minecraft, Minecraft; simplicity. Furthermore, it’s medieval design helps it stand out against the phase of modern resource packs saturating the market. A common complaint with resource packs is that it makes one’s PC, or gaming device, run slowly. It doesn’t matter how great the game looks if it’s impossible to play with lag. The Darklands had a low resolution, 32×32, while maintaining crisp and clean visuals. This means that casual players without the latest PC or gaming setup can download the pack and still enjoy the game, without dealing with nuisances like low frame rate and lag. The Darklands is a classic resource pack that is professional, beautiful, and unique. Not only is it a reliable pack, but it’s accessible to everyone without melting one’s computer with lag. For those looking to spice up their Minecraft experience, the Darklands is a great pack.
Darklands should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Darklands — Screenshots
How to install Darklands Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Darklands texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- By leaving comments below and voting you help the authors improve their project.