Smoothic resource pack does exactly what it says on the tin: it flattens out and smoothens all of your game textures, making that open world actually feel and look smooth and inviting. Thanks to Smoothic, every texture and every frame can now feel smooth and simple enough to touch, from its characters to its landscape features, everything from the pumpkins to the volcanic lava, to every pebble, every leaf. It solely manages to make your foes look all the more dangerous, as each of them suddenly gains far more detailed, far more frightening features. Keep in mind that a final installation of Smoothic would requires a quality shader pack to be installed simultaneously, preferably a shader which would allow for smooth lighting and ambient occlusion, something that would allow for the clear waters to reflect the surface that surrounds them, as many peoples genuinely enjoy staring out into the water. So far, resource packs have failed at truly capturing nature in all its beauty, which is why game elements such as dirt and grass and trees have all stayed the same. The arrival of Smoothic changes all that.
It’s time to give the outdated depictions as neighborly villager and farm animals such as pigs and cows a hard reboot, something which resource packs have all to accomplish thus far. Smoothic is highly reminiscent of cell shading, with lots of bold and bright pastel, mostly, it makes it difficult to stumble upon a single texture that either looks grainy or darkened. Although this resource pack may be perfect for the creation of magical, fantasy worlds, it is far less suitable for players looking to create something with a slightly darker and edgier tone, like say an underground escape route or a spooky mansion. Every biome, regardless of its size has something to gain from Smoothic. It won’t even matter how old it is. Even though it’s a fairly straightforward resource pack, it still entails a number of fairly specific details necessary for its download. Its otherwise low texture resolution of only 16×16 still manages to impress. You will also be pleasantly surprised by the sheer number of frames per second, which as long your hardware is able to run classic version minecraft, then you’ll definitely be able to run it just the same.
Smoothic should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
Smoothic — Video & Screenshots
How to install Smoothic Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Smoothic texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.