The Quake is one of the most popular franchises, and has attracted a large number of fans for itself over the last few years. Hence most minecraft and Quake players were not surprised when the resource pack QuakeTex was developed for minecraft, which was inspired by the franchise Quake. Compared to other packs for minecraft, the QuakeTex resource pack is comparatively new. It is available for players only a week ago. Compared to the original minecraft textures whose visuals are fairly plain, QuakeTex is a very attractive resource pack. Using the pack the game will get a dark look, and the players will get completely immersed in the game. Though the graphics used in the default settings of the original minecraft are simple, some players may find them attractive initially and are engrossed in the game. However after playing the game for some time, the player may find that the visuals are a bit boring and this may make the gaming experience less enjoyable.
Players who are looking for darker gameplay, should consider QuakeTex texture pack. The Graphic user interface (GUI) and the textures of blocks have been modified to make it similar to Quake. While the original feel of minecraft remain unchanged, mainly the blocks for the world are re-textured, so that it looks gritty and really dark. Since the pixels of the textures are less bright, the ambient illumination is lower. Hence more torches or other sources of light are required. The player should be well prepared and have the right tools for the game. Dirt, grass, wood, sand and stone, are the most widely used blocks, and most of the changes are incorporated in these blocks. While brighter colors are used for some gemstones like emeralds, diamonds, the color pack for the resource pack is largely similar to the original quake. Since the texture resolution of QuakeTex is 16×16, it does not require much computer resources. Any computer which is used for minecraft can be used for this resource pack.
QuakeTex — Screenshots
How to install QuakeTex Resource PackNOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be installed, so be sure to install it.
- Download the resource pack from the links below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch Minecraft.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before proceeding with download, please pay attention to:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Do not forget to leave a comment. This will help the authors to improve their project.