While most texture packs focus on visuals, the Nightly resource pack is more about functionality and utility. Instead of altering the game, textures, introducing new blocks or items, the resource pack makes one significant change and that is lighting during night time. It was made solely for clarity and as a means to improve gameplay during those times when the game deliberately wants you to have difficulties seeing objects, blocks, mobs, or other players. It is the ideal resource pack for players that want to enjoy the vanilla Minecraft experience but dislike playing during nighttime. According to the developer, the Nightly texture pack is like having night vision or infinite night vision potions. It achieves this by changing colormap and lightmap of the world. These two parameters are used to change the day cycle in the game. As the developer states, the resource pack changes the color filter that determines light levels during the night and the darkness of the shadows. The result is a much brighter game with toned-down shadows that make it possible to see better during the night. Some players refer to this resource pack as a brightness and gamma adjustment mod but it does much more than that and on top of it all, it is not bannable.
Why would you need such a resource pack? The answer is simple. It gives you an edge in PVP. You can spot enemy players easier. It also helps you fight mobs during the night and helps you explore a world even after sundown. Also, the Nightly resource pack improves visibility inside buildings and caves. Another reason for using the Nightly resource pack is a bad monitor. Some monitors have low luminosity and may display colors darker than normal. With the resource pack, Minecraft should be more enjoyable to play during nighttime. As the resource pack does not contain considerable texture changes, it does not affect game performance. Minecraft continues to use standard 16x resolution textures with the resource pack installed. A computer that can run vanilla Minecraft will be able to run it with a Nightly resource pack just as good. To use the resource pack, Optifine is required. The resource pack can be installed on any version of Minecraft and any version of Optifine. The only exception from the rule is Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. The resource pack will work only with the Java Edition and Optifine. As a last note from the developer, the Nightly resource pack does not work with any shaders since the resource pack handles lighting on its own.
Nightly should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Nightly — Screenshots
How to install Nightly Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Nightly texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
- This pack requires Optifine to work.
- This is not a mod, it is a texture pack and will not affect the overall gameplay of Minecraft.
- Works on almost all versions of Minecraft, just ignore the incompatibility message.
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.
[16x] [1.16.x – 1.8.x] Download Nightly Resource Pack – mirror link