If you’re a fan of packs that transform the entire game without leaving a stone unturned, look no further than the Modern HD resource pack. As the name suggests, all the textures in this pack take inspiration from the realistic and modern world to turn Minecraft into a whole new experience. Even though it’s over 10 years old, Modern HD is popular even today. Building modern architecture doesn’t look too appealing on the medieval-themed packs which seem to be overtaking the Minecraft scene. All the textures have received a huge overhaul. The building blocks are characterized by a clean, uniform appearance which is why they perfectly complement each other. Natural blocks such as cobblestone, stone, wood, and others received a realistic touch. There are no imperfections and even the elements such as sky and water have been specifically created to fit this general appearance. Modern HD texture pack manages to implement these modifications quite well and without overdoing them since you’re still able to differentiate between blocks, knowing exactly which one is which. As far as block changes go, you’ll probably notice that the paintings are different. The developer took inspiration from some of the modern styles to create different paintings that you could very well find in a regular person’s house. There are a couple of major changes that might surprise you. For example, chests look like modern drawers, and the noteblock/jukebox are changed to represent a giant speaker. All of these modifications are more than enough to help you create a modern building with modern rooms that you could’ve only dreamed of with the vanilla textures. You might be surprised to notice that the glass is made fully transparent which can be used to generate some very creative and attractive displays. For example, you can combine this feature with the Aquatic update to create an aquarium that can serve as your home decoration. You could also create skylights with it and modern windows without the annoying lines from the vanilla game.
All the additions show that the possibilities with this pack are truly endless, and it’s only up to you how many of these possibilities will end up being used. Another massive change is the GUI. As soon as you access your inventory, you’ll notice that it follows along with the modern, sleek style. The overlay features a metallic gray/white base with black letters with certain elements of the GUI, such as your armor, attaining various colors. Even the font, as well as the buttons, seem to be different, which is not very common with packs. These GUI changes apply to all the components that contain it – furnaces, chests, anvils, etc. Since this resource pack is primarily made for building, mobs are pretty much identical to their original textures. This shouldn’t come as a surprise since it’s quite difficult to make the mobs look realistic or modern. However, you’ll be able to hunt them on much prettier nights. Modern HD introduces a very bright, full moon along with many stars that will completely transform the atmosphere that nighttime brings. There are even some new custom sounds that were created to further improve a player’s experience. Resource packs that focus on providing modern-looking textures usually come only in massive resolutions of 128×128 and over – but it’s different with Modern HD pack. It doesn’t matter how bad your hardware is, chances are that you’ll still have satisfying performance that won’t ruin your experience. The pack’s resolution is 64×64, which isn’t too much of an upgrade to the vanilla 16×16. Also, Optifine is not required for Modern HD to work properly, but you can still add it to the game to squeeze a few extra FPS. To give more style to your builds, you can add custom shaders on top of the pack. There’s no official support for them, but it seems to be working fine alongside some of the more popular releases such as SEUS and Nostalgia. If you want to take a break from some of the more demanding packs that are out there, there’s no doubt that you should try out the Modern HD resource pack.
Modern HD should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7 - 1.6.4 - 1.6.2
Modern HD — Video & Screenshots
How to install Modern HD Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Modern HD texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Modern HD - Comparison Without shaders
Modern HD - Comparison With Complementary Shaders
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.