You might be tempted to think that the MineLoL resource pack is related to League of Legends but it is not. It is also anything but ridiculous despite its uses of LoL in the name, an acronym of laugh-out-loud. It is anything but a joke or a MOBA-inspired resource pack. MineLoL is a resource pack that is meant to bring considerable improvements to Minecraft and as the developers state, make the players smile. The first thing that the MineLoL resource pack does to improve visuals is to upscale the resolution of textures. Instead of using the standard 16x, it uses 64x textures. The increase in texture resolution can be taxing players using older systems but on modern PCs, the texture pack should run just fine at reasonable frame rates. Many of the textures in the game have been replaced. Instead of being the same cartoony blocks, some, marble, limestone, sand, and other types of blocks now look much closer as to how they would look in reality.
The same was done to certain mobs in Minecraft. Wolves have realistic textures that are less pixelated thanks to the increased resolution. The same goes for cows and sheep. Other objects in the game also benefited from the higher textures and less pixelation. Paintings are one such example. There are new paintings of animals that almost have the same details as photos. The interface was also changed. MineLoL resource pack introduces many new icons for items that simply look considerably better than what they used to in vanilla Minecraft. Lastly, the textures for the sky have been improved. Clouds are now less blocky. They are photorealistic. More details were added to flowers, grass, trees, fences, doors, windows, fire, chests, and many more items in vanilla Minecraft. Water also looks considerably better with improved details and reflections. Because it changes sky textures, MineLoL needs to be installed with Optifine HD since it requires their special features.
MineLoL should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7 - 1.6.4 - 1.6.2
MineLoL — Video & Screenshots
How to install MineLoL Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the MineLoL texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.