Minecraft, at its core, is not very PvP oriented. You can enjoy PvP in vanilla Minecraft but it is not a great experience. If you compare the PvP experience of vanilla with what you get from a PvP dedicated resource pack, you will notice a night and day difference. As with anything, some PvP resource packs are better than others. The Imaginary PvP resource pack is one such example of a resource pack well done and with a heavy focus on the player versus player experience. The Imaginary PvP texture pack does not focus on improving visuals in the sense that would make Minecraft look more modern. The resource pack uses the same x16 texture resolution that you would get in vanilla Minecraft. What the resource pack does is change certain textures and colors to help PvP players. To optimize the visuals for PvP, the developers made a shift in tone. Textures for items, weapons, player models, certain blocks, trees, flowers, and many others were altered. The desired effect was a higher contrast to make objects more distinguishable. It makes the game seem even more cartoonish but the immediate effect is that you get optimized visuals to make PvP better. Because game performance is very important when it comes to PvP, the developers focused on reducing the impact over framerates as much as possible. The Imaginary PvP pack has a minimal impact on game performance, being capable of running smoothly on old computers as well.
Players that can run vanilla Minecraft will certainly be able to enjoy Imaginary PvP. Lastly, to complement the new visuals and improve the PvP experience, the developer also tweaked item icons, the menus, and the GUI. Health bars are easier to see on the screen and inventory management is less tedious. The new GUI has been stripped of anything that would be considered not essential for PvP. In its current state, the Imaginary PvP resource pack works well with PvP modes such as SkyWars, Treasure Wars, Survival games, etc. Having the Imaginary PvP resource pack installed will make Minecraft look different. Some may not like it but it does benefit PvP players. Imaginary PvP makes a lot of things pink. Items such as weapons, armor, and their associated icons are mostly pink. These types of colors make these ingame objects more distinctive. Another aspect of the game that players will notice when installing the Imaginary PvP resource pack is the pink sky. There is also pink water. Many textures in the game have been changed to either be brighter or darker. This helps to tell things apart and to spot opponents easier. The resource pack is running with an x16 texture resolution. It will not add any additional layer of details to the game but the new color themes and altered textures will change the way the game looks. The Imaginary PvP resource pack needs to be installed with something like Optifine. Without Optifine, custom skies cannot be installed. As per the recommendation from the developer, render distance should be set to 8 or higher.
Imaginary PvP should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7 - Bedrock Edition - PE
Imaginary PvP — Video & Screenshots
How to install Imaginary PvP Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Imaginary PvP texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
[16x] [1.8.x] [Purple & Blue Fade] Download Imaginary PvP Resource Pack – also called Periwinkle color;
[16x] [1.8.x] [Peach & Pink Fade] Download Imaginary PvP Resource Pack – also called Bubblerose color;
[16x] [1.8.x] [Pink & Blue Fade] Download Imaginary PvP Resource Pack – also called Cotton Candy color;