The Star Wars franchise is beloved by many members of the Minecraft community. This love for this amazing universe also sparkled creativity and adaptation of many of the assets in the game to resemble items or themes from Star Wars. Over the years, we have seen many great Minecraft resource packs that had a lot of effort invested into them to bring this amazing franchise into the game. While some were more successful, we have seen a lot of failed projects. With this sour taste in mind, sometimes, you get the feeling that less is more. You do not need to completely change the visuals in Minecraft to bring a Star Wars vibe to it. If you have the same desire for simple resource packs that add a mild touch of diversity inspired by Star Wars, the Glowing 3D Lightsabers resource pack might be exactly what you are looking for. The original developer of the resource pack goes by the name of creatorLabs. He released the Glowing 3D Lightsabers resource pack in 2018. At the same time, he released several other packs and add-ons. While he may not have a compelling story behind the creation of this resource pack, it has gained a reasonable following. Glowing 3D Lightsabers has been downloaded over 400,000 times across several sites where it has been published. It also received several updates as the developer is still an active member of the community, providing continuous support for his projects. When you load up the Glowing 3D Lightsabers texture pack, the thing that you expect to see is light sabers that resemble the ones from Star Wars. You would not be wrong in this assumption. The resource pack is extremely simple or basic. It does not change many visual aspects of the game. What it does is just change the default textures of the swords found in Minecraft to emissive textures that glow. However, there was a decent degree of effort invested. The swords no longer look like swords. They are less pixelated and now look like proper lightsabers. Glowing 3D Lightsabers introduces 5 different swords. Each sword is inspired by a character from Star Wars.
They each have a distinctive color and some even have a special design or shape such as the Red one which represents the lightsaber of Kylo Ren. All five swords look amazing, especially during nighttime. They become even more fun when used in PvP and PvE as long as you have other players around. They have a proper glow and look like lightsabers. If you want to amplify or improve the glow effect, you can experiment with various shader packs as they influence how light is rendered in Minecraft. However, keep in mind that the original developer of the resource pack has not made any recommendation in terms of what shader packs you should use. The developer of the resource pack decided to limit the changes just to swords. While there are other weapons in the game such as bows, they have not been touched. Bows and tools have the same pixelated and blocky look. Minecraft performance is almost unhindered by the resource pack. Glowing 3D Lightsabers is a simple texture pack that does not increase texture resolution, and does not fiddle with lighting or anything else. It just changes the way swords look in the game. This makes it a great resource pack for PvP players that want a smoothly running game. It also works great for PvE and players that use older computers to run Minecraft. If you are already using other resource packs, you can install Glowing 3D Lightsabers on top. Make sure that the resource pack is the last one you install as it replaces existing textures and models for swords in the game. However, it can lead to visual bugs with certain resource packs or shader packs. As previously mentioned, the resource pack uses emissive textures. This means that it cannot be installed manually and will need to be installed using OptiFine. To ensure that the resource pack works correctly, the developer recommends using the latest version of the software to install Glowing 3D Lightsabers.
Glowing 3D Lightsabers should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Glowing 3D Lightsabers — Video & Screenshots
How to install Glowing 3D Lightsabers Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Glowing 3D Lightsabers texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
- Kylo Ren (Red) = Iron Sword
- Luke Skywalker (Green) = Diamond Sword
- Obi Wan (Blue) = Stone Sword
- Darth Maul (Red) = Golden Sword
- Mace Windu (Purple) = Wooden Sword
Glowing 3D Lightsabers - Comparison Slider #1 Without shaders
Comparison slider #1 for those who want to compare vanilla Minecraft without any texture packs installed (on the left) with Minecraft using this particular texture pack (on the right).
Glowing 3D Lightsabers - Comparison Slider #2 With BSL Shaders
Comparison slider #2 for those who want to compare vanilla Minecraft without any texture packs installed (on the left) with Minecraft using this particular texture pack (on the right).
Glowing 3D Lightsabers - Comparison Slider #3 With BSL Shaders (Front view, dual wield)
Comparison slider #3 for those who want to compare vanilla Minecraft without any texture packs installed (on the left) with Minecraft using this particular texture pack (on the right).
Glowing 3D Lightsabers Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
[16x] [1.19.x – 1.15.x] Download Glowing 3D Lightsabers Resource Pack – just click “Yes” when the incompatibility message “made for an older version” appears, it will work;
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;