Many players still enjoy vanilla Minecraft for various reasons. Some like it because it runs well even on old systems. Modern resource packs bump the texture resolution to such a degree that you need a really powerful computer to run the game smoothly. FeatherSong resource pack is different from this perspective. While it is a texture pack that aims to change the visuals in vanilla Minecraft, it does so without increasing the texture resolution. Released in early 2012, this 10-year-old resource pack managed to get hundreds of thousands of downloads. The fact that it is almost entirely complete adds to its popularity as there are no missing textures and few if any bugs. Using the same default 16x resolution makes the FeatherSong resource pack loyal to the classic spirit of Minecraft. What it does differently is to change the shading, contrast, and color palette of textures as well as to introduce new textures.
Many of the original textures were replaced. There are new textures for mobs and critters, crops, water, trees, leaves, and more. All these changes make up for a visual upgrade that offers a rustic, medieval vibe to the game. The increased contrast on some textures adds a certain layer of darkness and grittiness. While the FeatherSong resource pack does not add additional details to textures, it does have a considerable impact on the look and feel of Minecraft. What is important to note is that all the new textures as well as the improved ones are completely original and made by the author of the resource pack. Running Minecraft with the FeatherSong resource pack should have no impact on game performance. It does not add special lighting effects or increase the texture resolution. This means that even players with older systems that can play Minecraft will be able to enjoy FeatherSong without any issues. Installing the FeatherSong resource pack can be done manually or by using the Optifine functions.
FeatherSong should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7 - 1.6.4 - 1.6.2
FeatherSong — Video & Screenshots
How to install FeatherSong Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the FeatherSong texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.