The ZigZag resource pack is one of the few resource packs that introduce a complete visual overhaul of Minecraft. It is the result of the hard work of Jamie Mckinernan, who has been working at Harmonix for many years. Jamie and her colleagues created a private server on which they all toyed around with textures, 3D models, effects, lighting, to create a Minecraft version as they imagine it. The result is the ZigZag texture pack which encompasses all their hard work, with Jamie having the most considerable contribution. ZigZag changes many visual aspects, making Minecraft look more cartoonish but with higher fidelity. Many textures have been changed. While objects and mobs are still blocky, they are much more detailed and colorful. The resource pack introduces new blocks, mobs, NPCs, flowers, trees, paintings, animations, particle effects, new music, and sound effects. Work was done on the UI as well. The inventory system is much easier to manage as it looks much better in light blue. One interesting and fun change that the ZigZag resource pack introduces is new NPCs. All NPCs have different textures, thus they look different and have their names and nicknames. The same goes for ingame mobs. Some NPCs have zombie version textures and all mobs have nicknames. For example, the elder dragon is named Neil, there are 5 new parrots that have different names based on their color, there is a wither named Yorick, a golem named Hayao, and many more.
All new mobs have their animations and mobs that did not receive new 3D models had their existing animations improved. The result is much smoother movements and better player interactions. Amongst the many improvements ZigZag brings to the game, there are also plenty of new items. There are tons of new paintings, all made to look cartoonish and joyful, and new types of food. The resource pack also adds a new bed and furniture, several new doors, and new models for windows. There are also new weapons, shields, and even a lovely set of wings. To further enhance all the new items and textures in ZigZag, lighting has also been fiddled with. The game is much more bright and the colors are more vibrant. There are more moving textures and there are new particle effects to enhance visuals. Despite introducing so many visual upgrades, the original creator of the resource pack continues to update it regularly and remains an active member of the community. The ZigZag resource pack is available in either 128x or 64x resolutions and has a separate sound update that introduces new theme music. As the default resolution in vanilla Minecraft is just 16x, switching to either the 64x or 128x versions of the ZigZag resource pack may result in lower game performance for players with older computers. It is recommended to install the resource pack with Optifine HD and test both of them to see which one offers a higher frame rate.
ZigZag should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - Bedrock Edition - PE
ZigZag — Video & Screenshots
How to install ZigZag Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the ZigZag texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.
Get ZigZag Resource Pack for Bedrock Edition here – ZigZag is available on the Marketplace for 830 Minecoins.