There are plenty of Minecraft texture packs that are inspired by TV shows or cartoons. Sonic the Hedgehog resource pack brings, as you already know, Sonic to Minecraft. With several visual upgrades and changes, the pack brings Minecraft even closer to old 8-bit games that may feel familiar to many players. The resource pack uses new textures for most blocks that focus less on details and more on solid colors. This makes the game more cartoonish and more vibrant due to the color palette introduced by the resource pack. Most of the blocks now use textures that do not mix too many colors and that have very simple patterns. These new textures make it much easier to recreate levels and worlds inspired by the cartoons and the old 8-bit Sonic the Hedgehog games. The textures themselves are a departure from the standard texture in vanilla Minecraft. There are also new animations and effects but there are also a few new models for vegetation.
Fire and lava were also changed and the overall vibe that the resource pack introduces is that everything looks much greener. Sounds have also been changed in Sonic the Hedgehog pack. This resource pack also includes new sounds to make the gameplay more immersive. The sounds further accentuate the 8-bit arcade vibe. Players familiar with the old Sonic games will certainly recognize them. The resource pack also takes some assets from the games such as icons and sprites that were converted into ingame paintings. There is also a new texture for players that makes them look like Sonic. Despite most blocks having a new cartoonish look, the resource pack is made available in 32x resolution as it allows for higher fidelity for assets that were taken from the Sonic games. As the default resolution in vanilla Minecraft is 16x, some players can experience minor performance degradation when using the resource pack especially since it has a lot of new moving textures.
Sonic the Hedgehog should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15
Sonic the Hedgehog — Screenshots
How to install Sonic the Hedgehog Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Sonic the Hedgehog texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.