Not everyone wants a resource pack that increases texture resolution 4 to 8 times the default and makes the game look completely different. Sometimes less is more. The Shockingly Simple resource pack is exactly that. It uses the same 16x resolution, which is the default in vanilla Minecraft but changes textures for the better. It managed to get tens of thousands of downloads and even though it has not received any updates in several years, it is still a popular resource pack. What makes the Shockingly Simple texture pack so successful is its ability to improve the visuals in Minecraft without increasing the texture resolution. By using the same 16x resolution, the resource pack does not negatively affect framerates even for players with older computers. This also makes it a PVP-friendly resource pack as for PVP, a smooth-running game is mandatory.
In terms of visual improvements, the resource pack touches upon many aspects of the game. It changes the textures for grass, plants, trees, introduces smaller leaves, new blocks for wood, rock, various types of ore, and many more. The developer plans to add new paintings and other objects to the game. So far, the resource pack includes other improvements such as custom fonts, new sounds, new particle effects, and custom GUI colors. The colors of some of the textures have been tweaked to make them more vibrant. Noise has also been reduced and water texture has been changed. There are also new swords and new tools. The Shockingly Simple texture pack can be installed without Optifine, but its author still recommends using it. It can also work with different types of shaders that can further improve the visuals with new lighting effects and less noise for textures and shadows.
Shockingly Simple should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
Shockingly Simple — Screenshots
How to install Shockingly Simple Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Shockingly Simple texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Shockingly Simple Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;