Not everyone wants a resource pack that increases texture resolution 4 to 8 times the default and makes the game look completely different. Sometimes less is more. The Shockingly Simple resource pack is exactly that. It uses the same 16x resolution, which is the default in vanilla Minecraft but changes textures for the better. It managed to get tens of thousands of downloads and even though it has not received any updates in several years, it is still a popular resource pack. What makes the Shockingly Simple texture pack so successful is its ability to improve the visuals in Minecraft without increasing the texture resolution. By using the same 16x resolution, the resource pack does not negatively affect framerates even for players with older computers. This also makes it a PVP-friendly resource pack as for PVP, a smooth-running game is mandatory.
In terms of visual improvements, the resource pack touches upon many aspects of the game. It changes the textures for grass, plants, trees, introduces smaller leaves, new blocks for wood, rock, various types of ore, and many more. The developer plans to add new paintings and other objects to the game. So far, the resource pack includes other improvements such as custom fonts, new sounds, new particle effects, and custom GUI colors. The colors of some of the textures have been tweaked to make them more vibrant. Noise has also been reduced and water texture has been changed. There are also new swords and new tools. The Shockingly Simple texture pack can be installed without Optifine, but its author still recommends using it. It can also work with different types of shaders that can further improve the visuals with new lighting effects and less noise for textures and shadows.
Shockingly Simple should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
Shockingly Simple — Screenshots
How to install Shockingly Simple Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Shockingly Simple texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.