One of the main appeals of Minecraft that players invoke when asked what they like about it is its cartoonish graphics. To some, the visuals in vanilla Minecraft feel dated and they turn to resource packs to improve their experience playing the game. There are still some that consider the visuals not cartoonish enough and for those folks, the RX3 Cartoon resource pack was created. The RX3 Cartoon resource pack was released many years ago and has not received any updates from the original developers in 7 years. Regardless, it still looks better than many resource packs despite being 25% completed. There are still many textures that were not updated, yet what was changed with the RX3 Cartoon texture pack does have a noticeable impact on the visuals of vanilla Minecraft. The most noticeable thing that RX3 Cartoon does is to improve the most common textures that players will see in the game.
This means that textures for sand, dirt, grass, lava, logs, different types of ores, stairs, water, wood, different types of stones, and many more, have received a visual update. The colors are now considerably brighter and much more pleasant to look at. Objects are much easier to distinguish from each other and the entire world of Minecraft looks less grim. To achieve this cartoonish effect, many textures received outlines, similar to what you would see in a classic cartoon. Besides the texture improvement, RX3 Cartoon also adds more details. It uses 64x resolution textures which are a considerable upgrade when compared to classic 16x resolution textures from vanilla Minecraft. There is an added level of smoothness and less blockiness due to the increased resolution. The RX3 Cartoon resource pack also works well with several shaders but it can affect the performance of your game. A higher texture resolution and the added lighting effects from shader packs can reduce your framerates but it should not be noticeable on modern computers.
RX3 Cartoon should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
RX3 Cartoon — Screenshots
How to install RX3 Cartoon Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the RX3 Cartoon texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.