A lot of Minecraft texture packs take inspiration from the world around us. The RomeCraft resource pack is inspired by a world that is long gone, with only monuments still surviving the test of time. Ancient Rome is the main source of inspiration for RomeCraft, adding new textures and elements to vanilla Minecraft that would allow players to rebuild old monuments and buildings of a long-gone empire. The RomeCraft texture pack manages to preserve the spirit of Minecraft but adds a few visual changes that most players would certainly enjoy. The visual of an ancient city were replicated in RomeCraft by introducing new textures for exiting blocks and ingame objects as well as adding new ones. There are new textures for blocks such as stone, tiled floors, bricks, new water textures, and everything in between. In addition, the original developer also added new paintings, stained glass windows, statues, crates, chests, and many more.
All these new textures that are added by RomeCraft need to be complemented by textures for players and mobs. In RomeCraft, the player textures were changed so that you can now play as a gladiator or have an outfit inspired by what people used to wear in ancient Rome. Mobs and NPCs also received new textures. Even if they may not belong in ancient Rome, there are new textures for zombies, giant spiders, ghosts, and skeletons. To complement the new player textures, the RomeCraft resource pack also adds new weapons, armor, tools, and a new GUI. The inventory and the GUI still feel familiar but had their colors changes so that they are more in tune with the visuals of the resource pack. The RomeCraft resource pack uses 16x textures, just like vanilla Minecraft. Using low-resolution textures allows the resource pack to run at high framerates even on older systems. This also makes it PVP-friendly. Installation is straightforward and can be done manually or with a tool like Optifine HD.
RomeCraft should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - 1.7.10 - 1.7.9 - 1.7.4 - 1.7
RomeCraft — Screenshots
How to install RomeCraft Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the RomeCraft texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
RomeCraft Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;