For all those who want an engaging reminder of the good old times, the resource pack called the Retro NES is the thing they have been looking for. Retro NES is resource pack which you should immediately download just because of one thing – it is a really impressing resource pack and for anyone who remembers NES or has played games on it will surely be overwashed with nostalgia when they get their hands on this content. Retro NES Resource Pack was developed by Knightworm, the pack is pretty much complete. Textures comes in 16×16 resolution to make our “old times” more enjoyable! Low resolution will also allow many players to run the pack on sub-average PC’s configurations and still be free of any type of frame-rate issue.
Also to note, Knightworm is not the only one who initially conceptualized the same pack. But, because of he true creator has become mostly inactive, instead of him Knightworm has been allowed to continue his work and so far, he has been doing a very decent job. The main advantage of Retro NES is that it will completely transform the default look of the game. Additionally, it will also provide the music and sound effect with a huge overhaul. After installing this set of textures you will notice that every single default sound in the game has been changed to the one which all the NES players will easily recognize. Colors in Retro NES will use a limited color pallete which should also invoke the true feeling of the original games that were played on the NES console.
Retro NES should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - Bedrock Edition - PE
Retro NES — Screenshots
How to install Retro NES Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Retro NES texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
[16x] [1.17.x] Download Retro NES Resource Pack
[16x] [1.16.x] Download Retro NES Resource Pack
[16x] [1.15.x] Download Retro NES Resource Pack
[16x] [1.14.x] Download Retro NES Resource Pack
[16x] [1.13.x] Download Retro NES Resource Pack
[16x] [1.12.x – 1.8.x] Download Retro NES Resource Pack
Download Retro NES Bedrock Edition Resource Pack
PP Statuses – for Minecraft 1.13.x
Retro Sounds – for Minecraft 1.8.x
Check out the Retro NES Resource Pack on the Official Website
I cant get the original chest addon to work
When it will be compatible for 1.17.1 i downloaded it and it says its not compatible for 1.17.1 only 1.17 and i downloaded the 1.17 one
Just ignore that message/warning and click yes.
the bedrock edition download is broken, is there any fix for this? love the pack tho, it’s very well done!
my game looks so cursed with it half 8 bit on 1.17
This is my favorite texture pack!! Is there any plan to finish the texture pack for 1.17?
Some blocks show a purple and black checker texture meaning that one block in the 1.8.9 version isn’t showing. Is there a fix?
Alemakrani “Awesome” Nschzencheimer
Very very based, thankenstein for posting. These Classic Nostalgia Images remind me of Good Old Day. I felt so full of joy and Nostalgica when I turned the game on, that I cried and cheered, and I clapped, I clapped when I saw the Nostalgirona, oh my gaaaaaad.
I love it so much
why is taged for 1.8 theres no download for 1.8 or below 1.11
1.12.x should work fine on 1.8.x.
a person on Earth
three words: I love it
Is there a version of this pack without the Mario hills as grass?
Nice job I didn’t expect you to use the nes pallete only.
Oh my god this pack is so great!!! It works awesome and making the grass into piranha plants was the best idea. Very cute and great job