For all those who want an engaging reminder of the good old times, the resource pack called the Retro NES is the thing they have been looking for. Retro NES is resource pack which you should immediately download just because of one thing – it is a really impressing resource pack and for anyone who remembers NES or has played games on it will surely be overwashed with nostalgia when they get their hands on this content. Retro NES Resource Pack was developed by Knightworm, the pack is pretty much complete. Textures comes in 16×16 resolution to make our “old times” more enjoyable! Low resolution will also allow many players to run the pack on sub-average PC’s configurations and still be free of any type of frame-rate issue.
Also to note, Knightworm is not the only one who initially conceptualized the same pack. But, because of he true creator has become mostly inactive, instead of him Knightworm has been allowed to continue his work and so far, he has been doing a very decent job. The main advantage of Retro NES is that it will completely transform the default look of the game. Additionally, it will also provide the music and sound effect with a huge overhaul. After installing this set of textures you will notice that every single default sound in the game has been changed to the one which all the NES players will easily recognize. Colors in Retro NES will use a limited color pallete which should also invoke the true feeling of the original games that were played on the NES console.
Retro NES should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - Bedrock Edition - PE
Retro NES — Screenshots
How to install Retro NES Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Retro NES texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.
PP Statuses – for Minecraft 1.13.x
Retro Sounds – for Minecraft 1.8.x