The KDesp resource pack goes the extra mile by both including a bunch of custom 3d models created KDesp himself, but also by strictly adhering to Minecraft’s default art style and aesthetics. This means, at a quick glance or to the untrained eye, the game visually looks a lot like vanilla Minecraft except a bit more vibrant. In addition, thanks to all the additional 3d models in the pack, you have a lot more stuff to create and do. This is not the only resource pack that does these things, but it is one of the best attempts at extending the visuals beyond the default, while staying true to the core art design of the game and introducing new content. When developing the KDesp resource pack, the goal was to stick with Minecraft’s default 16×16 texture resolution and to add many new items and blocks.
All the new additions were carefully textured so that they seamlessly blend in with the style and art direction of the vanilla game. The KDesp resource pack adheres strongly to the iconic Minecraft look and feel, but the texture work and 3d modeling do extend and enhance the game’s atmosphere in subtle and creative ways. One big difference with the texture work in this resource pack, is that there is much more detail and clarity, while it still manages to look 100% appropriate for Minecraft. The developer of the pack worked hard to create a new color scheme that fits with the tone of the original, and yet adds a new level of brightness and vibrance to make the visuals stand out. This is a great resource pack for anyone who wants to play as close to a vanilla experience as possible while still extending and enhancing Minecraft’s visuals in a subtle, yet beautiful way.
KDesp's Better Default should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - Bedrock Edition - PE
KDesp's Better Default — Screenshots
How to install KDesp's Better Default Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the KDesp's Better Default texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
KDesp's Better Default Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;