While the vast majority of resource packs increase the standard resolution in Minecraft from 16x to 32x or even more, the F8thful resource pack does things the other way around. Instead of upscaling textures, it downscales them to a resolution of 8×8. Using a resolution that is half the standard in the vanilla version of Minecraft creates a whole new visual experience without altering gameplay. It is the same Minecraft but much blockier, or maybe less? The resource pack manages to introduce a new way to enjoy the game while keeping things simple. The resource pack is another vanilla faithful pack that upscale or downscale the game’s texture resolution. There are currently enough faithful packs available in the market with resolutions ranging from 8x to 512×512. All of them were created to alter the default resolution but it is the F8thful resource pack in the 8×8 resolution that makes the game look like old 8-bit games. It brings a certain level of nostalgia for old gamers but it may appeal to the younger audience as well.
Because F8thful texture pack uses a lower resolution, it also requires less video card processing power and less vRAM to load properly. Players that could enjoy vanilla Minecraft may even experience a considerable boost in FPS. Also, it can reduce lag and improve gameplay. These perks that come with playing the game at a lower resolution make it a much better choice for competitive players that want the best performance when running the game, especially in PVP. So far, the resource pack has already found success with tens of thousands of downloads and positive feedback from the community. Despite being made to offer a lower texture resolution, F8thful resource pack does have improved textures. Many textures were remade in order to remain recognizable when downscaled. These changes make the resource pack lighter but compromise on texture details. As with most resource packs, F8thful resource pack requires Optifine to be installed. The small resource pack archive needs to be unpacked in the “resourcepacks” folder and activated from the in-game settings menu.
F8thful should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - Bedrock Edition - PE
F8thful — Video & Screenshots
How to install F8thful Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the F8thful texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.