The Echelon resource pack takes a different approach than other popular texture packs. The default textures in vanilla Minecraft have a 16x resolution and for most players that is enough. It is the blocky visuals that make Minecraft recognizable and appreciated. Most resource packs attempt to alter the identity of the game by upscaling everything in the game from texture resolution to lighting effects and animations. Echelon, on the other hand, aims to improve the visuals in the game without altering the identity of Minecraft. It is this approach that made Echelon a very popular resource pack with hundreds of thousands of downloads. Echelon is a texture pack made for purists and players that may want to try something else other than vanilla Minecraft. Because it uses the same 16x texture resolution and it does not introduce high resolution textures, the resource pack does not affect negatively the framerate.
Also an important aspect that has been improved is that there is less noise in the textures, and it is easy to notice immediately after starting the game. Players with older systems that can run vanilla Minecraft will also be able to enjoy the Echelon resource pack without making any compromise. The resource pack focuses on tweaking the visuals in the game. Textures have been polished without increasing the resolution. The colors were also changed for the better, making Minecraft look more vibrant and colorful. Trees, terrain, blocks, ores, weapons, tools, paintings, flowers, and almost any other texture in the game have been improved. All the improvements were the result of the work of the original developer RealGoran and adeleine. Adeleine continues to release updates after RealGoran gave up on the project. The Echelon resource pack can be installed like any other resource pack. It can run on older systems since it uses the same resolution textures as vanilla Minecraft and it will not affect game performance.
Echelon should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11
Echelon — Screenshots
How to install Echelon Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Echelon texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Before downloading, please pay attention to the fact that:
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.