At the time of writing this, the Better Dogs resource pack has been out for less than a month. However, it has received an incredible amount of praise from the community in this short time and already has more than 18,000 downloads. As more players realize how unique and extraordinary this texture pack is, we fully expect this number to increase exponentially. While most resource packs that you find in the Minecraft world make changes to the already existing game blocks and items, the Better Dogs resource pack takes things to a whole other level. This pack changes the wolves’ textures in the game and adds many more dog breeds that come in many different colors. Keep in mind, this is a resource pack, not a mod. This means it is easily installed, the same way you would usually install any other Minecraft resource pack. This pack is going to let you get a specific type of dog while you are playing Minecraft.
And the steps are simple. First, you are going to tame a wolf. This newly tamed wolf will turn into a random dog. In some cases, it will remain a wolf when tamed. If you want a specific breed of dog, you can change the dogs breed, and name it using name tags. To do this, the name tag must include one of the words on the “supported name tags list,” which you can find lower down on this page. The Better Dog resource pack comes in 16×16 resolution, which means you aren’t going to have to worry about performance drops. While this resource pack is made to work on virtually any device, it does require optifine to work regardless of the hardware capabilities. You may get a message asking if you are sure that you wish to load the pack as it was created for a newer or older version of Minecraft, click yes and the pack will load correctly. To ensure that this resource pack works the way you expect it to, enable custom entity models and random entities in Minecraft’s settings.
Better Dogs should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.20.2 - 1.20.1 - 1.20 - 1.19.4 - 1.19.3 - 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Better Dogs — Screenshots
How to install Better Dogs Resource Pack:
- Most resource packs require Optifine, so be sure to download and install it. – general recommended step for all packs, Optifine is also needed for most shaders
- Download the Better Dogs texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just choose the one you like, is compatible with your version/edition of Minecraft, the one you think your computer can handle in terms of performance.
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
QUICK TIP: Sometimes, when activating a pack, the game may say that the pack is made for a newer or older version of Minecraft. This is just a warning, it does not affect your gameplay in anyway, and you can still activate and enjoy the pack by simply clicking the "Yes" button when prompted.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Supported name tags:
Better Dogs Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Download Better Dogs Resource Pack – stable version;
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Download Better Dogs Resource Pack – FPS optimized version, BETA;
Seperate versions (Java Edition):
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Better Dogs: Pomeranian – contains only the Pomeranian breed;
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Better Dogs: Dachshunds – contains only the Dachshund breed;
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Better Dogs: Wolfs – contains only the Wolf breed;
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Better Dogs: Chihuahuas – contains only the Chihuahua breed;
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Better Dogs: Shiba Inu – contains only the Shiba Inu breed;
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Better Dogs: Corgis – contains only the Corgi breed;
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Better Dogs: Boxer – contains only the Boxer breed;
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Better Dogs: Bull terrier – contains only the Bull terrier breed;
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Better Dogs: Pugs – contains only the Pug breed;
Special versions (Java Edition):
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Better Dogs: Dragons – turns all wolves into dragons;
[16x] [1.20.x – 1.8.x] Better Dogs: Chimpanzees – turns all wolves into chimpanzees;
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;