At the time of writing this, the Better Dogs resource pack has been out for less than a month. However, it has received an incredible amount of praise from the community in this short time and already has more than 18,000 downloads. As more players realize how unique and extraordinary this texture pack is, we fully expect this number to increase exponentially. While most resource packs that you find in the Minecraft world make changes to the already existing game blocks and items, the Better Dogs resource pack takes things to a whole other level. This pack changes the wolves’ textures in the game and adds many more dog breeds that come in many different colors. Keep in mind, this is a resource pack, not a mod. This means it is easily installed, the same way you would usually install any other Minecraft resource pack. This pack is going to let you get a specific type of dog while you are playing Minecraft.
And the steps are simple. First, you are going to tame a wolf. This newly tamed wolf will turn into a random dog. In some cases, it will remain a wolf when tamed. If you want a specific breed of dog, you can change the dogs breed, and name it using name tags. To do this, the name tag must include one of the words on the “supported name tags list,” which you can find lower down on this page. The Better Dog resource pack comes in 16×16 resolution, which means you aren’t going to have to worry about performance drops. While this resource pack is made to work on virtually any device, it does require optifine to work regardless of the hardware capabilities. You may get a message asking if you are sure that you wish to load the pack as it was created for a newer or older version of Minecraft, click yes and the pack will load correctly. To ensure that this resource pack works the way you expect it to, enable custom entity models and random entities in Minecraft’s settings.
Better Dogs should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Better Dogs — Screenshots
How to install Better Dogs Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Better Dogs texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Supported name tags:
- Border collie (alternative: Collie)
- Labrador retriever (alternatives: Labrador, Lab)
- Golden retriever
- German shepherd (alternative: Gshepherd)
- Bull terrier (alternative (easter egg): Walter)
- Shiba Inu (alternatives: Shiba, Inu)
- Australian shepherd (alternatives: Ashepherd)
- Dachshund (alternatives: Teckel, Dackel)
- Skeleton (alternative: Grimm)
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update the links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on our site.
- By leaving comments below and voting you help the authors improve their project.