The Depixel resource pack is one of the most comprehensive projects for Minecraft as far as textures are concerned. Whereas many packs start very ambitiously only to decline later on, Depixel goes even beyond its base features. Previously known as Default 32×32, this pack took its inspiration from the very successful and famous Faithful resource pack, albeit with a much higher level of innovation and creativity. The developer’s main goal in creating Depixel was to retain as much of the vanilla experience as possible while also enhancing and bringing it to another level. This resource pack doesn’t try to reinvent the wheel or bring some shiny new features which is exactly why it’s so appealing to the wider audience. Once you load up the game with this pack enabled, you’ll immediately notice that everything seems much smoother. Forget about the noisy, grainy textures that stabbed your eyes during regular gameplay. Grass, stone, ores and other familiar blocks have all been modified to look more uniform. The connected textures (optifine required) provide a seamless appearance that you’ll grow to love. As far as other changes go, the armor has been completely transformed. Each individual piece is much shinier than before, and wearing a complete set gives the player a more appealing look. The mobs become more menacing – especially the skeletons – with their bared teeth and dark eyes. All of these adjustments work together to make your Minecraft experience more interesting and entertaining. Now we come to the true gem of Depixel texture pack: the add-ons. These are mini-packs that alter various aspects of the game, complementing the original resource pack. Since the developer put in a lot of work to make Depixel as polished as possible, it’s expected that some of these additional features come at a price. However, these extras are very cheap at just a couple of bucks, and the supporters get access to several exclusive pieces of content that can further enhance the game. These add-ons include:
- EXTENDED ADD-ON – This is one of the best on the list with a wide range of custom textures included, with the most impressive ones being the tools. All of the different tiers – wood, stone, gold, iron, diamond, and netherite – have a different appearance. There are dozens of additional features, and it’s clear that a lot of time and effort was put into this extended add-on. Some more changes are improved lava, realistic rain, animated faces for mobs, an amethyst sword custom item, etc.
- 3D ADD-ON – One of the free add-ons, the 3D models add some more depth to the blocks. For example, a cobblestone could have irregular patterns and protruding rocks, providing a life-like representation.
- PVP ADD-ON – If you like to engage in multiplayer combat, this is the one to try out. The PvP add-on makes fire less obstructive, alters GUI to be clear and transparent, and even changes diamond gear to a red color palette.
- ALPHA ADD-ON – For the veteran players that want to relive the nostalgia of the early alpha Minecraft days. The only thing that’s changed in this add-on is the foliage color – bright green grass and leaves have been reintroduced.
Besides this massive add-on support, Depixel is available for both Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock. The Bedrock version has a couple of smaller add-ons too – better glass, better grass, and bordered ores. The basic releases for both versions are free and available on the official website. The resource pack has its own Discord community where you can share your suggestions, ideas, or issues. If you like to test out stuff before it’s officially released, Depixel has a weekly snapshot support so you can try it out on the newest Minecraft versions. Regarding performance, it doesn’t get much better than the 32×32 resolution that Depixel is designed in. This is just double the size of the vanilla Minecraft textures, and the visual difference that you get is incomparable. While the standalone pack doesn’t seem to require Optifine, many of the features that add-ons introduce do. For this reason, it’s better to be safe and install it before running the game with Depixel. Some people even claim to have gotten an FPS improvement compared to the original textures. Whatever the truth may be, you should really try out this masterpiece for yourself.
Depixel should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.20 - 1.19.4 - 1.19.3 - 1.19.2 - 1.19.1 - 1.19 - 1.18.2 - 1.18.1 - 1.18 - 1.17.1 - 1.17 - 1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3 - 1.16.2 - 1.16.1 - 1.16 - 1.15.2 - 1.15.1 - 1.15 - 1.14.4 - 1.14.3 - 1.14.2 - 1.14 - 1.13.2 - 1.13.1 - 1.13 - 1.12.2 - 1.12 - 1.11.2 - 1.11 - 1.10.2 - 1.10 - 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8 - Bedrock Edition - PE
Depixel — Screenshots
How to install Depixel Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Depixel texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Depixel - Comparison Slider #1 without shaders
Comparison slider #1 for those who want to compare vanilla Minecraft without any texture packs installed (on the left) with Minecraft using this particular texture pack (on the right).
Depixel - Comparison Slider #2 with Complementary Reimagined shaders
Comparison slider #2 for those who want to compare vanilla Minecraft without any texture packs installed (on the left) with Minecraft using this particular texture pack (on the right).
Depixel Texture Pack Download
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way. None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use only official download links provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- Since the links are official and we update them manually - the links may stop working with each new update. We make every effort to update links as quickly as possible and usually we update everything on time and users have no problems, but if suddenly any link stops working - let us know through the comments below.
- Don't forget to leave a comment below and vote for the pack. By doing this, you help the author(s) keep improving the project. If you want to support the author(s), be sure to check the author links just below the download links.
Download Depixel Bedrock Lite Edition Resource Pack – lite version, absolutely free, contains only blocks and items;
Download Depixel Bedrock Full Edition Resource Pack – full version, for Patrons only, complete experience;
[32x] [1.20.x] Download Depixel Resource Pack – 1.20 is currently in early access and is only available to Patrons, will become free once fully completed and released;
[32x] [1.19.x – 1.15.x] Download Depixel Resource Pack
[32x] [1.19.x – 1.15.x] Download Depixel Resource Pack – a mirror link in case the above doesn’t work;
[32x] [1.14.x – 1.12.x] Download Depixel Resource Pack
[32x] [1.11.x – 1.8.x] Download Depixel Resource Pack
Add-ons – Java Edition:
Add-ons – Bedrock Edition:
Curseforge: download starts automatically after a few seconds;
Mediafire: click the big blue button with the text "DOWNLOAD";
Google Drive: in the top right corner you will see a small download icon (down arrow), click it and the download should start;
this is amazing omg
I’ve never seen worse looking mobs, but other than that it’s good.
Thanks for the netherite & critical pvp
But pls change the resource pack of the tools, for it become better
Ngô Xuân Năng
I think the details in this texture pack are so complex. What do u think?
I love the pack don’t get me wrong, love the textures, but there is still classic minecraft textures on the raw ores and certain 1.17 blocks such as tuff and others. please fix!!!
Good pack. Only problem I’ve encountered is the lack of textures for the new 1.17 blocks (even though the pack says 1.17.X)
there are some textures that have yet to be fixed like the top of deepslate, raw ore items, but aside from that it is a great pack.
its like so cool i used it everyday
it is not compatible with version 1.17 of the game, you should not state otherwise
this is true I tried it
Yes it is
Casual Question, Why Do You Have The Crucible From Doom 2016-Eternal?
the top texture of anicient debris is not included exsisting in this texture pack. but the texturepack is good anyway
How would I edit the pack so that creeper textures don’t change base on biome? I only want the regular creeper.
1.8 version doesnt work :/
Hey, any chance this pack will get a x64 version? Would also support on patreon as this is my all time fav texture pack. :)
One of the highest quality texture packs I have seen since after 1.9 update.
All I can say is if you want to update the ores to the new textures please make a different version with the older ore designs are the 1.17 ores look horrid.
may i add depixel to my texture pack
yyooooo its so smooth man it looks so good
The new items in the latest snapshots are still the same
Naw, it takes time to do art, and its a snapshot not the final build
A few missing textures I’ve encountered, horses, zombie villagers, and magma blocks. Zombie Villagers and Horses just look unfinished as you can see straight through them, magma is the pink and black checker texture, otherwise, great pack. at this rate I’m sure there are more missing textures, I just haven’t encountered them yet
Could you make a version of this without changing the sound file for mall? Would be greatly appreciated.
jut delete the audio file in the pack
Any good shaders that go with this pack?
sues shaders ultra
<3 shaderz yay!
with the fire texture, I want to know that I’m on fire, but I want to be able to see ahead of me.
any time you get hit by a blaze, you’re *. good luck seeing ANYTHING.
Loads of textures just not changed. Loads of textures look buggy/shitty.
not good pack. This is just a composite of other packs sloppily thrown together.
Some guy that plays Minecraft
First of all, my skin is changed
Second of all, not many blocks are changed.
Third of all, that villagers give me nightmares.
The GUI is different, but the blocks remain exactly the same. Also, the version ranges are wrong, which is probably why the pack is broken.
I wish the netherite armor and other textures worked, but a good texture pack all the same :D
Depixel is good and thats all i can say…….
actually the swords dont look like the ones in the screenshot
but its still a great texture pack and i love it
the doors are very wierd
Missing textures for netherite armor
Jay Van Bommel
exactly what i need only the lava looks like molten cheese again
This is exactly what I was looking for for my server. However the grass isn’t like in the screenshot. The grass texture is a bit hard on the eyes so I opened it in photoshop and applied a blur to it.
x128-512 bit version will be available ?
Hello, ..Textures are missing:
‘Recipe book’ and Hotbar (under Crosshair) are not visible. :(
Has anyone an idea to get this fixed?
Maybe a way to use this pack and have both visible?
I went through 4 packs to test them out. All messed up the glazed terracotta patterns for some odd reason and replaced poppies with cheesy roses. This is a nice pack! Thank you.
There are still quite a few missing textures.
El Muerto Vivo
There’s a problem with the diamond horse armor, it looks like a horse merged with diamond it doesn’t look anything close to iron or gold horse armor
Could the author do a hi-res series of this? Like 128×128?
This resource pack seems to be not done yet, but its awesome, i was hooked at this resource pack, 4.9/5! :D
The Avisaurus Rex
The Screenshots look promising, sadly google drive won’t let me download the file atm because the download quota is exceeded.
growing wheat and spruce saplings don’t look done yet. 4.5/5 though!
In my inventory crafting menu (2×2 grid), the slots don’t line up with the interface. When moving the mouse, it highlights in the right place, so you can see where the grid actually is, but it doesn’t match with what you see…. This is infuriating when trying to make something quickly like planks or torches.
wont work on 1.10 for me sadly