The vanilla Minecraft visual art style is iconic and makes it one of the most recognizable games in history. While it may be described as cartoonish, the game still appeals to many. Sky Photo Realism resource pack aims to shift things a bit while still preserving the core visual style of the game. It comes as a graphical upgrade that attempts to bring more realism to the game. It combines multiple discreet changes to the game that add up to a stunning visual overhaul. The first major upgrade that the resource pack introduces is higher quality and resolution textures. The coloring has been altered to have toned down colors and more shades of grade to remove some of the cartoonish effects that default textures have. The textures have been upgraded on almost all types of terrain environmental blocks, attempting to improve everything you see in the game. The textures have not been overloaded with details but they have less noise and appear much clearer. For the best visuals, the 512x resolution version of the Sky Photo Realism texture pack is recommended.
It is the most resource-demanding out of all the versions and may lead to a drop in frame rate. Better game performance can be obtained by using the 256x or the 128x resolution versions of the resource pack. Since the resource pack changes so much texture in the game, players with older computers may experience severe frame rate drops. Lastly, to achieve greater texture quality and less noise, the Sky Photo Realism resource pack makes use of shader packs. GLSL Shaders or Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders are recommended to be installed in parallel with the resource pack. They will make the terrain and objects in the game appear much crisper while also improving lighting effects. Both the shaders and Sky Photo Realism resource pack require Optifine to be installed. With Optifine you will need to go to options, select resource pack, and open the resource packs folder. You will then need to move the resource pack archive into that folder. If you want to switch from the 512x to 256x resolution version of the Sky Photo Realism resource pack, you will need to do it through Optifine.
Sky Photo Realism should be compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.9.4 - 1.9 - 1.8.9 - 1.8.8 - 1.8.1 - 1.8.6 - 1.8
Sky Photo Realism — Screenshots
How to install Sky Photo Realism Resource Pack:NOTE: Many resource packs require optifine to be preinstalled, so be sure to install it.
- Download the Sky Photo Realism texture pack for Minecraft from the download section below. – if there are many different versions, just pick the one that you like or that you think your PC can handle
- Launch the game client through the Minecraft launcher.
- On the main menu, click "Options".
- On the options menu, click "Resource Packs...".
- Click on "Open Resource Pack Folder". – folder titled "resourcepacks" will pop up
- Move the .zip file you downloaded in the first step to the newly opened "resourcepacks" folder.
- Click "Done".
- Click on "Resource Packs..." again.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left window, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- Click "Done" again.
- The pack has now been successfully loaded and ready to be used in your world!
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- None of the resource packs, shader mods or tools you see on this website are hosted on our servers. We use download links (including direct download links) provided by official authors. Therefore, they are completely safe and secure.
- We never modify or edit resource packs in any way.
- Although we are using the official download links, they may stop working after new updates are released. In this case, you can always use the source links from the "Official Links" section until we update the download links. And yes, we update links regularly and manually for every resource pack you see on this site.
- By leaving comments below and voting for the pack, you help the authors improve their project.